Moyes & Allardyce - where are their next jobs?

Posted by: ynwa250505 on 17 May 2018

Answers on a postcard lol ...

Posted on: 17 May 2018 by thebigfredc

You can add Pardew to the list too

Posted on: 17 May 2018 by Hook

Groundhog Day:  Moyes to Everton, Allardyce to WHU.

Posted on: 17 May 2018 by ynwa250505

I agree. I can see them all getting Championship offers in due course - I think Pardew would swallow his pride, but i’m not sure that the Likely Lads (roflmao) have got that much nous. I think they think they are Premiership material ffs. They don’t seem to realize that the Prem has moved on tactically and the fans now watch too much good stuff to put up with their crap.

Mourinho seems to have lost the plot too - even if they did come second ...

Now what about my boys! What a team! Just wait til we learn to defend ...

Hook posted:

Groundhog Day:  Moyes to Everton, Allardyce to WHU.

If those contracts ever saw the light of day I think the sets of fans would taking out contracts on their chairmen ...

Posted on: 17 May 2018 by Kevin-W

Most Toffees I know would have Moyes back like a shot.

As long as Hippo Head comes nowhere near our club (WHU), I don't care where he goes.

I take your point about Hippo Head - nice name lol ...

If the toffees would be willing to take Moyes back, I would have to ask “why”? I don’t think he displayed (at WHU) the tactical nous needed in the Prem nowadays, in fact he doesn’t seem to have developed personally at all since his previous Everton stint ...

He was totally out of his depth at Manure ... Spain was a disaster ... and WHU not much better. He always looks to me as if he has totally lost confidence in himself - not a problem that HH suffers from lol

Posted on: 17 May 2018 by Kevin-W

I think Moysie did OK at WHU - he got us to 13th when we looked dead certs for the drop. I think he should have been given another year, and, typically, he was treated badly by the Dildos and Gooner Brady. A proud man, it was no surprise when he left.

That said, if the Dildos secured the services of Rafa from the Barcodes, and gave him control over and decennt money for, transfers, I'd be - to quote hopeless but fondly remembered Irons legend Carlton Cole - "overchuffed".

Perhaps the Spuds can hire Hippo when Poch walks...

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by ChrisR_EPL

Moyes to the MK Dons, who desperately need an experienced manager.

Raffa to Leicester, once the woeful Claude Speak Up Man Puel has been moved on.*

Big Sam to have half the season off then be called upon around Christmas to get next season's unexpected strugglers out of their relegation mire.

Pardew back to Sunderland, in an act of desperation by both parties.

* Craig Shakespeare would be a welcome face anywhere. When he was at Leicester it was a pleasure to listen to post-match interviews in comprehensible English after Ranieri's and then Puel's stumbling attempts at answering the standard questions, which tally with every other foreign manager's attempts. Shakey spoke clearly and fluently with decent use of idiom and with barely an accent in sight, being from the Midlands albeit the wrong side (West M not East). Perfect. If only he could manage as well as he speaks.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Christopher_M

I have a feeling that the basic problem is the price of the tickets. Unless your side is a top six team your 'matchday experience' is probably going to be less than exceptional, and all the more so if you have a journeyman manager. Fans are disappointed given what they've paid. So there's disconnect.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Karl

I hope neither get any ideas about the vacancy at Arsenal .

Karl

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by ynwa250505

Karl - I think they could have as many ideas as they like! Hopefully, they will be on the beach for a long time ...

I hope you get the right replacement for Wenger - I know he outlived his welcome (eventually), but what he achieved (in the round) for Arsenal was absolutely transformational ...

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Karl

I’ve just read on line that Moyes is wanted by Stoke. 

Karl

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by ynwa250505

Jesus effing Christ !!! I can smell the desperation from Canada ...

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by MDS
Karl posted:

I hope neither get any ideas about the vacancy at Arsenal .

Karl

I suspect Tony Adams is eyeing that one 

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by wenger2015

Tony Adams has more chance of managing his nearest McDonald’s outlet, then being interviewed for the Arsenal job.....

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by wenger2015
Kevin-W posted:

Most Toffees I know would have Moyes back like a shot.

As long as Hippo Head comes nowhere near our club (WHU), I don't care where he goes.

‘Hippo Head’.... brilliant...