You could have knocked me down with a feather!

Posted by: Wiltshireman on 20 May 2018

Just met up with an old friend after more than 40 odd years. We were always into hifi gear and had many a listening session but he moved to live in Stratford and has only just come back to my area. He naturally invited me to his home for a listen so I took some of my favourite albums along for listen. Can you believe he has NEVER heard of Antonio Forcioni! Where has he been? Well actually he doesn't go to hifi shows and has no Naim gear but really just who hasn't heard of him? Anyone here not as well? Oh, he has now!

Posted on: 20 May 2018 by hungryhalibut

Have you heard of Crispy Ambulance, 400 Blows, The Three Courgettes or The Chefs? If not, where have you been?!

Posted on: 20 May 2018 by Mercky

Not everybody is in to football  you know 

Posted on: 20 May 2018 by rjstaines
Mercky posted:

Not everybody is in to football  you know 

No, definately not a football fan and certainly haven't heard of the teams above, Mercky.  I'll ask her indoors, she knows about football, expecially Wycombe Wanderers.

Posted on: 20 May 2018 by Innocent Bystander

So, who exactly is Antonio Forcioni?

I’ll add to HH’s list of artists I wonder if the OP knows, and if not where has he been? Davy Knowles? Tarja Turunen? Pierre Bensusan? RPWL?

Posted on: 20 May 2018 by notnaim man

Is this a demonstration of "fish in a barrel"?

Demon Barbers, Ceilidh J Rowe, Police Dog Hogan, Lady Maisery, Bellowhead, Spiers and Boden

Posted on: 20 May 2018 by joerand
Wiltshireman posted:

Can you believe he has NEVER heard of Antonio Forcioni!

Yes, I believe it. WTF is Antonio Forcioni?

Had you said he was a music lover that never heard of Paul McCartney I'd be surprised.

Posted on: 20 May 2018 by seakayaker

I had not heard of Antonio Forcioni prior to joining this forum a year ago. ......and now I'm very happy to say that I now own a few of his albums.  ....... and happy to report that I have been introduced  to a  few other musicians since arriving on the forum as well. 

Posted on: 20 May 2018 by hafler3o

I've heard of him, but not heard from him.

Posted on: 21 May 2018 by docmark

Antonio Forcioini?  Well, I guess I could Google him. 

Posted on: 21 May 2018 by Adam Zielinski

I’ve heard of Antonio Forcione. 

Perhaps Forcioni is a different name...

Posted on: 21 May 2018 by Mike-B
Adam Zielinski posted:

I’ve heard of Antonio Forcione.     Perhaps Forcioni is a different name...

Antonio Forcione is the renowned guitarist.    I've seen him twice,  once as a solo gig at Stowe School & with his quartet at Ronnie Scotts.   I have most of his albums & as excellent as they are you really don't get to appreciate his work in full until you see him in action,  even more so if you play guitar, he does things that make your head spin.    He spent some time chatting after his Stowe gig,  very interesting in all manner of stuff,  we swapped a lot of stories on southern African music & culture,  he's also a very talented artist.

Posted on: 21 May 2018 by Innocent Bystander

the?

Posted on: 21 May 2018 by French Rooster

sabrina scubbia with antonio forcione is a great naim album, on cd, highrez or naim lp.  Vision track of stevie wonder is fabulous.   As solo guitarist, i am not a fan....

Posted on: 22 May 2018 by yeti42

Ah he’s one of those Naim label types, no wonder he’d never heard of him. I’ve got several Naim samplers and couldn’t name an artist on any of them.

Posted on: 25 May 2018 by Japtimscarlet
hafler3o posted:

I've heard of him, but not heard from him.

Ha ha !!????

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by Sloop John B

I know it’s the music room, but am I the only wondering what Hifi your friend had?

.sjb

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by blythe

So many artists, so little time. I've never heard of Antonio Forcioni either.