Her name is Eliza Day

Posted by: winkyincanada on 28 May 2018

Kylie turns 50.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-44277328

I don't have any of her music (apart from WTWRG), but she's a true star. Happy birthday Kylie.

(Slightly disappointed that the articles skips her romance with Michael Hutchence, as well as her collaboration with Nick Cave.)

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by joerand

Kylie certainly continues to be a gem of attractive physical attributes at age 50. I can only wonder whether she'd have achieved the same level of success had she been plain and unshapely with the same voice. I suspect not. Sex appeal plays a huge role in popular music perception, especially for females. Kylie's craft may be more about make-up, hairdressing, and time spent in the gym.

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by Helena

Totally agree with you, sexuality on the stage, and in general in life plays a big role. And Kylie proves it.

Posted on: 31 May 2018 by thebigfredc

She's certainly no Ella.

Posted on: 31 May 2018 by Peder

Who is Ella.?

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 09 June 2018 by Massimo Bertola

My mind went into a complete blackout for some minutes and I sleep-read through the whole BBC article. Then I woke up and asked myself what was I doing in front of the screen, watching the pic of a short blonde dressed in feathers. Do I have to worry?

Posted on: 09 June 2018 by MDS

Kylie's lovely. Happy birthday to her.

Posted on: 09 June 2018 by Atom/Iota/Kan Stands

I should be so lucky.

Posted on: 09 June 2018 by Bob the Builder

I met Kylie briefly in the early 90's and not only was she stunningly beautiful she was also a sweetheart.  Happy Birthday Charlene! 

Posted on: 11 June 2018 by Gavin B
winkyincanada posted:

I don't have any of her music (apart from WTWRG), but she's a true star. Happy birthday Kylie.

Where The Wild Roses Grow (WTWRG) is such a fantastic single though! One of my favs.

Posted on: 13 June 2018 by Alley Cat
joerand posted:

Kylie certainly continues to be a gem of attractive physical attributes at age 50. I can only wonder whether she'd have achieved the same level of success had she been plain and unshapely with the same voice. I suspect not. Sex appeal plays a huge role in popular music perception, especially for females. Kylie's craft may be more about make-up, hairdressing, and time spent in the gym.

Apart from the 'sex appeal', she seemed a genuinely nice person, cute, with a 'girl next door' type attractiveness.

The video for this always amazes me, it's so cleverly edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vqob-MljQ

Posted on: 20 June 2018 by groover45

She barely getting old.  Happy birthday to her