Qobuz downloads

Posted by: Drikus on 29 May 2018

Been a while since I downloaded anything from Qobuz but you could download a whole album at once then but now it seems that this fuction has gone and you have to download song by song or am I mistaken? Just purchased 20 albums so it's quite a job downloading them song by song.

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by Bert Schurink

So far not seen that - hope you are wrong. I have downloaded last this weekend and everything was fine.

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by VladtheImpala

You can still download an album as a *.tar file from the web site but no longer as a *.zip file. Personally, I now use their desktop app, where you can download your purchases direct as albums (i.e. not as a tar or zip file).

One thing I have noticed is that the album art is often as a *.png file, which Miminserver doesn't seem to like so much.

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by AndyP19

Just downloaded from the soul sale Betty Davis album Nasty Girl - in one go - using the tar zip.

Wow 20 albums that is some haul.

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by Drikus

I used to download the albums as a *.tar file but the *.tar file or any other file doesn't show up in the download section like it used to.

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by AndyP19

Select the format

hit the green button just underneath ' Download my music'

Then you should see Download JPG and Download TAR on the left just above the individual tracks.

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by Drikus

Just tried Safari instead of Vivaldi and the *.tar file shows up there but not in Vivaldi, strange.

Posted on: 29 May 2018 by jfritzen

I've bought some albums last week and when trying to download with the Qobuz app for Mac, it would always download the MP3 version of the albums. IIRC this is different from earlier where the app downloaded the 24/96 FLAC version without problems.

Downloading the complete purchase as a single TAR file, containing  all albums of the last purchase, would eventually stall and time out.

Download of the individual albums as TAR files worked fine for me. I'm using Safari.