N-Vi....Is there a SMALL (touchscreen?) monitor that can be used with the Naim N-Vi to select and play DVD-Audio tracks?

Posted by: vintageaxeman on 20 June 2018

I have a Naim N-Vi.  It is NOT currently connected to a screen, as I use it for playing CDs.  Can it be connected to a SMALL (7" touchscreen?) monitor that can be used with the Naim N-Vi to select and play DVD-Audio tracks?

Posted on: 20 June 2018 by Eloise

How about car screens?  As I recall the nVI has a composite output?  No touch screen but no need for that.

Less than £25 off eBay.

Posted on: 20 June 2018 by vintageaxeman

Thanks for the suggestion....but I would have thought that I would need a screen on which I could SELECT areas of the image onscreen to select 'track 1' etc, or  'Extras' etc.... So in my mind a car screen wouldn't work....but I have seen touchscreen 7" monitors...please continue to make suggestions, guys...

Posted on: 20 June 2018 by Eloise
vintageaxeman posted:

Thanks for the suggestion....but I would have thought that I would need a screen on which I could SELECT areas of the image onscreen to select 'track 1' etc, or  'Extras' etc.... So in my mind a car screen wouldn't work....but I have seen touchscreen 7" monitors...please continue to make suggestions, guys...

The nVI won’t respond to a touch screen though.  You’d have to use the remote as you would with any DVD player connected to a TV / Monitor.

Posted on: 21 June 2018 by vintageaxeman

Thank you for that. I had not considered that the touchscreen aspect wouldn't work! So is it just a 230v DVI input monitor that I need? Cheers!

Posted on: 27 June 2018 by vintageaxeman

Have found a small (10") monitor with HDMI, HDI and VGA inputs.... Should that be ok to use with the N-Vi just so that I can see what's on a DVD or DVD-Audio disc menu?

Posted on: 28 June 2018 by Andrew Everard
vintageaxeman posted:

Have found a small (10") monitor with HDMI, HDI and VGA inputs.... Should that be ok to use with the N-Vi just so that I can see what's on a DVD or DVD-Audio disc menu?

Yes, any of the small monitors available on the big South American river site should be fine for this purpose. Just make sure they come with – or buy – a suitable mains power supply, as some are designed for 12V in-car use.

Posted on: 28 June 2018 by vintageaxeman

That's exactly what I was thinking. Cheers Andrew!