Music and a good book (or series of.....)

Posted by: ct on 01 July 2018

i often find myself listening to music whilst reading and relate music to books or series of books, does anyone else find themselves enjoying music with a good read?

I enjoyed this album around the time I read Philip Pullman's Dark Materials series and, having picked up his latest for a holiday read i've revisited the album recently.

Do you ever find yourself combining music and a read, or going back to a book when hearing a particular piece of music again?

Posted on: 02 July 2018 by Nick Lees

Of an evening I’ll often settle down to a book listening to early Terry Riley - something hypnotic like Ranbow In Curved Air, or Last Camel In Paris, or Tangerine Dream (and other Berlin electronica). Anything with vocals tends to distract me.

Posted on: 02 July 2018 by Gianluigi Mazzorana

One thing at a time they say.....

Posted on: 02 July 2018 by Eoink

Weirdly I can listen to music and read at the same time, the two parts of my brain seem to run  independently, but I can't read poetry and listen to music presumably because the "rhythm processor" in my head gets confused.

Posted on: 02 July 2018 by Rich 1

Depending on my mood. I find myself putting the book down at intervals to soak up the sound. Also use my kit to drown out the sound of the the vacuum cleaner when it's my turn to hoover. All say ahhh, Rich 

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by Peet

This new classic is made for Ernest Hemingway's  book and the SQ is sublime, highly recommended;http://www.soundliaison.com/

01. The Old Man  (05:33)
02. The African Dream  (05:53)
03. The Fishermen (07:23)
04. The Bird  (07:37)
05. The Catch  (03:37)
06. The Fish  (02:45)
07. The Sharks  (03:31)
08. The Defeat  (04:58)
09. The Harbour (03:42)