American dates ?

Posted by: Wugged Woy on 02 July 2018

Is it just my machine or have I only just noticed that the dates of posts are being displayed in the American style MONTH/DAY/YEAR ?

I wonder what is the reason. Most annoying considering that Naim is proud to be a British ( with a French lover) company !!

It should be DAY/MONTH/YEAR, chaps ! Get a grip !!

And God Save The Queen !Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania British English way of writing date

Posted on: 02 July 2018 by Richard Dane

Check your OS as well as your browser settings, and ensure they are fully up to date.

The forum is provided by a US based company, Social Strata.  Default date format is US, but if your OS and browser settings are for UK format then it should change accordingly.

Posted on: 02 July 2018 by Huge

The best one is the Japanese date system; when expressed numerically they use a canonical date:

yyyy/mm/dd

Posted on: 02 July 2018 by Duncan Mann
Huge posted:

The best one is the Japanese date system; when expressed numerically they use a canonical date:

yyyy/mm/dd

Agreed - if everyone used this in their file naming conventions, it would making finding files in date order a cinch. I believe it is enshrined in ISO 8601, which many corporates and public bodies use to standardise date and time formats across international boundaries. Unfortunately, WW wouldn't like this as it doesn't conform to historic UK conventions, but computer systems benefit greatly from it...

Posted on: 04 July 2018 by Wugged Woy

I live in Poland which uses the British system. As does the vast majority of the world. The forum should reflect this,i believe.

Posted on: 04 July 2018 by Huge

The WWW uses an numeric time stamp rather than a date.

The forum is displayed in the default format of the browser, which (unless overridden in the browser settings) inherits the currently configured short date format of the underlying OS.

(Only if the browser settings are to ignore the date format of the OS and no specific override date format is set, will the display format default to the regional setting for the data stream, otherwise it uses the current browser/OS settings).

Posted on: 04 July 2018 by joerand
Richard Dane posted:

The forum is provided by a US based company, Social Strata.  Default date format is US, but if your OS and browser settings are for UK format then it should change accordingly.

I'm curious then, why wouldn't it be equally easy for host Social Strata (for this forum) to simply change their default date format to the UK standard?

Mind you, I'm not complaining. The dates read fine to my US eyes .

Posted on: 05 July 2018 by Huge

It would be easy, but rather odd, as they're based in South Carolina!

Posted on: 05 July 2018 by Mike-B

.....  ???  hey guys,  read Richards post   ...........  The Hoopla / Social Strata program will show whatever date format your OS and browser settings are set to.    Its nothing to do with Hoopla,  its your OS settings

Incidentally the international agreed date & time standard is ISO 8601  YYYY/MM/DD,      this is carried into time YYYY/MM/DD/mm/ss    

Posted on: 05 July 2018 by Huge

Californian Medjool dates are very tasty.

Posted on: 16 July 2018 by Wugged Woy

See the source image

Hey !! I'm all British again !! Didn't do anything, but lo and behold today is now 16/07/18 and all the forum posts have 

the date the 'correct' way 

Rule Britannia !