PWWTMASBCMUTMWTMA March

Posted by: JamieWednesday on 08 July 2018

I was reading about the Pride march yesterday and it seems most people had a good time.

Though seeing the arguments between some of the 472 organisations taking part about who does and does not warrant inclusion within, and the right to march for, the LGBT community did remind me somewhat of the similar issues faced by the Judean People’s Front in coping with the power grab assumed by the People’s Front of Judea (or more snappily, the PFJ).

I then read that 30,000 marched, which means that the average representation for each group was only about 60 people.

Now I’m starting to feel a bit left out by these marches; there’s a lot of people attending these Pro-Brexit, Anti-Brexit, NHS, Pride type shuffles (and I suspect a bit of overlap between them). But if it all it takes is 60 people, I figure we on the forum should be able muster a similar number and demand our own representation.

However, what would be our message?

A demand for a cleaner power supply? A ban on high compression in recording? Perhaps a polite request that Spotify ups its bit rate (because we all agree it’s much nicer than Tidal, it just sounds crap in comparison).

So, I’m contemplating starting a register for the PWWTMASBCMUTMWMA March 2019. It’s time that People Who Want To March About Something But Can’t Make Up Their Minds What To March About have their own voice.

Spouses and partners welcome.

But no Romans please, we have to draw the line somewhere.

Posted on: 08 July 2018 by naim_nymph

I think there should be a march for people who are Dispassionate Apathetic Feeble-minded & Tiresome.

The DAFT march.

But don't expect me to go on it, i couldn't be bothered and i ain't got the energy.

Posted on: 08 July 2018 by JamieWednesday

I never had you down as dispassionate...

Posted on: 08 July 2018 by naim_nymph
JamieWednesday posted:

That's because you're Roman 

Posted on: 08 July 2018 by Ardbeg10y

We all go in a Naim Nac 552 shirt to make a Statement?

Posted on: 08 July 2018 by Eloise
naim_nymph posted:
JamieWednesday posted:

It more likely related to Helvetica than Roman...

Posted on: 08 July 2018 by Christopher_M
Eloise posted:
naim_nymph posted:
JamieWednesday posted:

It more likely related to Helvetica than Roman...

Bold of you, Eloise.

Posted on: 08 July 2018 by JamieWednesday

Funnily enough, in the ‘what kind of font am I’ test, I did indeed turn out to be Helvetica. I’d always thought of myself as a comic sans serif kind of guy.