Chelsea sack Antonio Conte

Posted by: sjbabbey on 13 July 2018

The BBC are reporting that Chelsea have sacked manager Antonio Conte after two years in charge.

The 48-year-old Italian, who returned to pre-season training this week, had one year remaining on his contract.

Posted on: 13 July 2018 by Xenasys

Well they were never going to let him resign its not RA style he seems to like paying compensation.

Lets wish Antonio good luck !!!

Posted on: 14 July 2018 by MDS

Sad to see Conte go. I think his track-record at the Bridge is pretty good and I love the passion he shows on the touchline. I've also heard that he is very friendly and patient when fans approach him when he is out and about.  All round he sounds a nice guy.

Posted on: 14 July 2018 by JamieWednesday

Sarri in and he looks different.

Not won anything but Napoli were stylish on the ball.

Posted on: 14 July 2018 by Kevin-W

Posted on: 14 July 2018 by thebigfredc

I don't speak Italian and he looks angry but surely the translation is a fake?

Posted on: 14 July 2018 by MDS
thebigfredc posted:

I don't speak Italian and he looks angry but surely the translation is a fake?

I think someone has edited this very cleverly. I particularly laughed at the Tottenham reference.  Brilliant stuff.

Posted on: 15 July 2018 by JamieWednesday

It is a fake. But who’s Sarri now..?

On the plus side, Napoli have been great to watch and I have seen a couple of reports pointing to Sarri looking a reasonable choice, a bit different. Not won anything yet but greatly admired by some for how he gets teams playing.

Interesting to read how he will change the tactics as and if needed which has been my bugbear with Conte who never seemed to have a plan b once the opposition had worked us out (and to a degree Mourinho).

Hopefully we’ll keep Hazzard and although Sarri has a reputation for little rotation of his players, a change may mean we can get a few more of our talented youngsters playing for us instead of Championship teams...

Posted on: 15 July 2018 by wenger2015

I really liked Conte, a very passionate, animated manager, unfortunately I can only assume his player ego management skills let him down......and

It also seems he had very little say regarding players brought in and players sold.... which is understandably frustrating as a manager ...

It’s a shame to see another manager kicked into touch by Abramavich...