Worst Film/Movie ever - that you really enjoy watching!

Posted by: naim_nymph on 27 July 2018

Come on be honest, we all have at least one we enjoy watching; awful movies that are so bad they're actually brilliant

I've just purchased my favourite bad movie & cult classic: Psychomania [1973]

Now available with 2 disc / DVD and BlueRay format

[so can now put my old VHS version to rest on the shelf of eternal dust]

<>

So what is your secret dreadful movie pleasure?

I'm half expecting to see a good showing of Hammer Horror, or Carry On movies  but surely there must be finer examples of the more marvellously awful cheap flick movies that are well worth an enjoyable/amusing watch (?)

Debs

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Cbr600

Mars attacks comes to mind for the list

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Richard Dane

There was a Robin Williams film that did the rounds at Uni during the '80s - Club Paradise. It was funny in parts and awful in others, but it did have something. I haven't seen it since the VHS days but in amongst the dross and often terribly wooden acting (Twiggy) were glimpses of pure comic genius that I did find quite hilarious at the time. Rick Moranis and Eugene Levy almost manage to steal the show as the desperate pair Barry & Barry (smoked meats), and of course went one to greater things. And there was Peter O'Toole who played...  Peter O'Toole.  Otherwise, it featured Jimmy Cliff who probably regretted it for ever after, and who also supplied much of the soundtrack.  It's been so long since I saw it I don't honestly know what i'd make of it these days but possibly worth another watch for old times sake.

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by winkyincanada

I like the original Tomb Raider movie with Angelina Jolie in spite of its shallowness and plot holes.  The latest Tomb Raider film actually is far from the worst of its genre, too. Weird how they used cutter head from a TBM for the tomb gate, though.

I also like Pacific Rim. How could you not like a movie where people get into giant robots and wail on ferocious beasts from another dimension?

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Pev

The Wild Women of Wongo

Plan 9 From Outer Space

I also love Attack of the Killer Tomatoes but it's actually rather good!

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by dave marshall

I can't think of any specific films, but, years ago, there was a Friday night series on Beeb2 which showed the best of the worst of sci-fi, you know the type, where the movie is so dreadful that it comes out the far side of bad, and becomes good.

There was a world class example of a sci-fi film being shot in black and white, until the director ran out of budget.

Several years later, once he'd got some funding, he resumed filming at the exactly at the point where he'd previously stopped, but this time in colour, and with a completely different cast of actors.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have a winner! 

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Jacobr

Films made by WWE studies featuring the hottest wrestler at the time are hilarious. Completely over the top action with ridiculous story lines. Not serious at all and definitely a good way to kill an hour and a half without having to completely pay attention or follow a difficult story. 

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Mike Hughes

The Party with Peter Sellers.

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by TOBYJUG

https://cdn.empireonline.com/jpg/70/0/0/1280/960/aspectfit/0/0/0/0/0/0/c/articles/57bed50d0c6437272f5da6b8/the%20greasy%20strangler%20uk%20poster.jpg

The Greasy Strangler 2016

no way of getting out of the terribleness of this.

Big fan of the worst things in life. Or those things that are considered the worst in an interesting way - as can be more telling of the human condition than the best things, although academically this is in the cult territory - the best worst.    Those worst worst films are not recommended to waste precious time over.    Not interested in watching Howard The Duck ever.   

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by naim_nymph
TOBYJUG posted:

https://cdn.empireonline.com/jpg/70/0/0/1280/960/aspectfit/0/0/0/0/0/0/c/articles/57bed50d0c6437272f5da6b8/the%20greasy%20strangler%20uk%20poster.jpg

Big fan of the worst things in life. Or those things that are considered the worst in an interesting way - as can be more telling of the human condition than the best things, although academically this is in the cult territory - the best worst.    Those worst worst films are not recommended to waste precious time over.    Not interested in watching Howard The Duck ever.   

Without knowing anything about this film [except from reading the reviews on the cover above] it looks in a similer vain to 'League of Gentlemen' ...albeit an American version of?

I'll keep an eye out for it to show on the telly,  i'm intrigued but not quite brave enough to buy the dvd  

Debs

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/512T3CT82HL._SY445_.jpg

Hammer and Carry On pretty much set a global standard for others in this sense,  although John Waters had a unique American Anglophile take on the utterly moronic..

https://cinemaholics.ru/content/images/2014/Sep/full-desperateliving-17x20-5-15648.jpg

Posted on: 28 July 2018 by Don Atkinson

One Million Years BC. Those animated animal fights are sooooo realistic, almost as realistic as Raquel Welch.

Makes you realise how so many people can believe the World is only 6,000 years old !

Posted on: 28 July 2018 by Bert Schurink

Posted on: 28 July 2018 by DrMark

Johnny Dangerously...really corny, and really funny.

Posted on: 28 July 2018 by bazz

Posted on: 28 July 2018 by fatcat

Raps answer to Spinal Tap.

Most of it isn't funny at all, but parts are hilarious.

Posted on: 28 July 2018 by naim_nymph

Anyone here not seen this yet?

Braindead [1993] comedy-horror,

starts off like a sensible enough sort of film but rapidly gets more and more ridiculous [and very funny]

Not one to watch on your own, more of a party special.

Posted on: 28 July 2018 by TOBYJUG

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1vlcl3mYtL._RI_.jpg

Although enjoying watching it this time is more appropriately a witnessing.

Still.......A transgressive masterpiece 

Posted on: 28 July 2018 by Hook

Terrible reviews, but I thought it was fun.

Posted on: 29 July 2018 by MDS
Hook posted:

Terrible reviews, but I thought it was fun.

I enjoyed that, too.

Posted on: 31 July 2018 by rodwsmith

Watch this (which is excellent)

And then watch this (which is, er, not). For an unforgettable, moving and often hilarious experience!

Posted on: 01 August 2018 by GraemeH

This is unintentionally laugh out loud bad...yet compelling in its awfulness.

G

Posted on: 17 August 2018 by naim_nymph
naim_nymph posted:
TOBYJUG posted:

Without knowing anything about this film [except from reading the reviews on the cover above] it looks in a similer vain to 'League of Gentlemen' ...albeit an American version of?

I'll keep an eye out for it to show on the telly,  i'm intrigued but not quite brave enough to buy the dvd  

Debs

This film is showing right now on channel 15 Film4

...if anyone whats to be disgusted by the awfulness of it