Not Drinking Dementia Risk

Posted by: Dan Steel on 02 August 2018

According to Sky News and other papers...
People who are teetotal in middle age are at greater risk of developing dementia than those who drink, a new study has found.
Gives me a great excuse for staying longer in the pub. ????????

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Peder

Cheers ???? ????.

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by TOBYJUG

Other experts have reported troubled sleep can lead to Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and Schizophrenia.    Make that a double nightcap please.

Dan Steel posted:

According to Sky News and other papers...
People who are teetotal in middle age are at greater risk of developing dementia than those who drink, a new study has found.
Gives me a great excuse for staying longer in the pub. ????????

Although the truth could be in that the teetotallers live longer. Drinkers are long dead before any chance of dementia kicking in..

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Bob the Builder

Amen to that 

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Bob the Builder

Ps make mine a double

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by cheeselet

Drink lots of coffee to live longer according to the BBC. Sky says drink more booze.

Dont you think these well known broadcasters are telling what you like to believe for their own popularity ratings in a competitive world?

Then, ultimately  it could be Labour taking your home if the Tories don’t get themselves out of their own doo doo!

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Peder
cheeselet posted:
Drink lots of coffee to live longer according to the BBC.

???? Cheeselet,...I drink between 6-8 cups of coffee per day,so then I should live long ????????????.

But you from the UK will have problems, because you drink well a cup of The most,....or it is just a myth.?
But in any TV series you see from the UK,so drink them most a cup of The.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Mr Fjeld

Nah, probably fake news!

Extreme right wing Nazis are really pushing the possibility that reality is just a dream.  Resist these bastards and stand up, if your not too drunk...

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by SamClaus

Some of those "scientific studies" are often fundamentally flawed... teetotallers may keep off alcohol for health reasons anyway - thus may be more likely to get dementia. This is probably mentioned by the authors of the paper, but Sky News may have decided to ignore the caveat...

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Innocent Bystander
Peder posted:
cheeselet posted:
Drink lots of coffee to live longer according to the BBC.

???? Cheeselet,...I drink between 6-8 cups of coffee per day,so then I should live long ????????????.

But you from the UK will have problems, because you drink well a cup of The most,....or it is just a myth.?
But in any TV series you see from the UK,so drink them most a cup of The.

/Peder ????

The English word is tea, not the (thé).

well I only usually have about 5 cups of tea a day - but four of those are pint mugs, and the fifth (at wotk) is about ½ pint...! (1 British pint = 568ml). Sometimes (and always the first one in the morning) black tea with milk, other times Chinese tea of various types, and the small one at work weak black tea with no milk. I rarely drink coffee - mostly on holiday elsewhere in Europe, though occasionally  at home.

But I’m not teatotal! A few years ago there was a report (aparently research among doctors...hmmm) that a glass of red wine was good for you. That sounded excellent advice, so I try to follow it, making up for any missed days by doubling up on others, and regularly substituting real ale, malt whisky, cocktails, or other drinks on the basis that it is never good for you to have too much of one thing! 

I’m sure that this balance liquid intake will prevent from .... sorry, what were we talking about? 

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by naim_nymph
TOBYJUG posted:

Extreme right wing Nazis are really pushing the possibility that reality is just a dream.  Resist these bastards and stand up, if your not too drunk...

Wrong thread, Tobs, 

should be in Don's  'Are we sleep-walking out of Europe'  thread ; )

Posted on: 13 August 2018 by wenger2015

According to a book I am reading on the subject of dementia, ( my mother has Just been diagnosed)  you should drink approximately 6..8 glasses of water a day, eat 5 portions of fruit or veg, make time for regular exercise, abstain from smoking and only drink alcohol in moderation...... apparently it lowers the chance of getting dementia......

or is it just in the lap of the gods???

Posted on: 14 August 2018 by Gianluigi Mazzorana
wenger2015 posted:

or is it just in the lap of the gods???

It is. I'm afraid.

Posted on: 01 September 2018 by mudwolf

I've done my damage to my liver so why stop now.

Posted on: 01 September 2018 by Don Atkinson
naim_nymph posted:
TOBYJUG posted:

Wrong thread, Tobs, 

should be in Don's  'Are we sleep-walking out of Europe'  thread ; )

Why pick on me .? 

Btw, the thread has disappeared. I hope it’s only temporary whilst Richard moderates the last dozen or so posts !