Qobuz Summer Sale

Posted by: HardBop on 02 August 2018

Don't know if many are aware but Qobuz has just launched a "Big Summer Sale". Some very good offers particularly on classical and from some of the major labels e.g. Harmonia Mundi.

Fill your boots...or should that be...fill your music storage system!  

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Bert Schurink

I think most of the usual Qobuz buyers are aware. Some interesting material, but also a lot of junk. Sometimes I have the feeling it would be better not to buy music in normal months and buy in summer and Christmas sales.

Posted on: 03 August 2018 by Innocent Bystander

Just found something weird with Qobuz.

I have never found browsing easy, however when I have searched specific things it has usually found them for me. Just now putting in an artist, rather than a specific album, and getting a large number of ‘hits’, I thought I’d try the “sort by” options to choose cheapest first, to browse any bargains -  and I noticed that the listed number of albums changed. Trying tge other sort options I found each gave a completely different number of albums that it found - e.g. 462, 1394, 398 etc! And whilst the sort option defaults to “bestsellers” if search for a different artist or whatever, then trying other sort options and coming back to bestsellers finds a different number! (though consistent coming back to it thereafter).

Without spending a lot of time sifting through all I have no idea whether the sort options displaying larger numbers somehow include a lot of incorrect albums, or if the smaller ones are missing relevant things.

Posted on: 03 August 2018 by Bert Schurink
Innocent Bystander posted:

Just found something weird with Qobuz.

I have never found browsing easy, however when I have searched specific things it has usually found them for me. Just now putting in an artist, rather than a specific album, and getting a large number of ‘hits’, I thought I’d try the “sort by” options to choose cheapest first, to browse any bargains -  and I noticed that the listed number of albums changed. Trying tge other sort options I found each gave a completely different number of albums that it found - e.g. 462, 1394, 398 etc! And whilst the sort option defaults to “bestsellers” if search for a different artist or whatever, then trying other sort options and coming back to bestsellers finds a different number! (though consistent coming back to it thereafter).

Without spending a lot of time sifting through all I have no idea whether the sort options displaying larger numbers somehow include a lot of incorrect albums, or if the smaller ones are missing relevant things.

Qobuz’s webpresence is somehow a bit messy lately. They are however the cheapest with a big collection, so I am still buying.

Posted on: 05 August 2018 by Alley Cat

I also find it a bit of a chore looking through their offers when there's more than a page or two - I think a grid display would be better and show more than a list.

Somehow however many of these items seem to come up on offer again and again in sales so I'm left wondering if I originally got a bargain or missed out!