Working in Ireland question

Posted by: DrMark on 17 August 2018

I was going to apply for a job in Ireland. I am an EU citizen (Italy). Obviously, I am not an Irish citizen, nor do I currently possess Irish residency. Before the application would proceed, it asked the following:

"Do you have permanent Irish National residency? and are you entitled to work on a permanent basis in Ireland?"

How would this apply to non-Irish EU citizens? Am I "entitled to work on a permanent basis in Ireland"?

Posted on: 17 August 2018 by Sloop John B

IIRC you are a pharmacist?

AFAIK there is free movement of pharmacists within the EU but this is most likely based on the pharmacy degree being an EU degree course. 

My email is in my profile. I’m a pharmacist in Dublin so can probably help clarify some things if you want to email me. 

.sjb

Posted on: 18 August 2018 by Don Atkinson

Hi Mark,

Have a look at the “sleepwalking” thread. Page 113, first entry. By Larsson. (At the moment it’s only about 3 or 4 posts from the end so it’s easy to find)

He provides a short, but clear outline of the EU rules governing “freedom of movement” within the EU.

I think it is a good starting point and you might find it useful.

cheers, Don

Posted on: 19 August 2018 by DrMark

Hi Don - actually that does begin to clarify somethings, Makes sense actually. Thank you.

Sloop - email will be forthcoming. Thank you as well.

Posted on: 19 August 2018 by Mercky

If you are an EU citizen you are free to work in Ireland without visas or permits, the company I work for in Dublin currently employs 2 Italian nationals with no issues or restrictions