Calling all Forum Song Sleuths - find the recording, please

Posted by: DrMark on 22 August 2018

I take pharmacy continuing education online, and before and after the presentation, they play music - the closing song is always a duet with Tony Bennett and Diana Krall, in a live setting, singing "I've Got The World On A String" - details below for this particular recording:

As the intro on the piano is coming up, Tony says, "Hey Diana, let's do a Sinatra tune" - there is instrumental backing besides the piano.

Tony sings the first verse, extolls how wonderful life is, ending with the line, "I'm in love..."

Diana sings the second verse (or perhaps the second half of the first verse as it may be), and when she gets to the part where she would sing "I'm in love" (after extolling how wonderful life is), she instead sings "I get to sing with Tony Bennett".

I can't find this damn recording anywhere in internet searches; if these folks are using it, there should no way it is hard to find, but I have failed on more than one occasion. If anyone can please help, as I know a lot of folks here listen to a lot of music, it would be appreciated.

Posted on: 22 August 2018 by dknk

Looks like it is from the Today (TV) show. The very first part is missing, but the Diana part is there.

https://youtu.be/nPW8YowOxJw

Posted on: 23 August 2018 by DrMark

Yes, that is it; many thanks - I wonder where they got a good quality recording of that performance from the beginning? Any ideas?

Posted on: 23 August 2018 by Alley Cat

Try Shazam