Music Magpie

Posted by: Gazza on 04 September 2018

I have purchased second hand cd,s from this site... very few problems with good customer service. In the last few days I have sent over 6 e-mails about a poor qualityCD with no response, does anyone know what if anything is going on? I have stopped buying until I hear from them.

Posted on: 04 September 2018 by al9315

I have had a few wrong CDs delivered from them, and sending an eMail on each occasion was ignored, I then requested a refund, which was very quickly issued.

I get the impression they send them out, any problems request a refund

There seems to be either no will or no staff to answer questions.

Posted on: 05 September 2018 by Gavin B

Over the past 6-12 months I've bought four or five large batches of CDs and perhaps had five CDs that had jumping tracks / scratches. In every case they've responded to my emails, and generally sent out another copy of the CD. Only once have they had to refund me as they didn't have a replacement.

Posted on: 05 September 2018 by Richard Morris

Wrong cd delivered - instant refund following an email via Amazon.

Posted on: 05 September 2018 by Pcd

I've been using them for over 18 months buying many many CDs from them, only ever had  one incorrect (Wrong CD In The Jewel Case) a refund was issued within an hour. 

Posted on: 05 September 2018 by dave marshall
Pcd posted:

I've been using them for over 18 months buying many many CDs from them, only ever had  one incorrect (Wrong CD In The Jewel Case) a refund was issued within an hour. 

Strangely enough, I had exactly the same experience just last week, receiving a completely random CD in the wrong case, by an artist of whom I'd never even heard.

Since the outlay was so little, I just re-ordered the one I was after, which had since gone down in price, and listened to the interloper, which turned out to be rather good, so, a bit of a result all round.

In fact, MM provided a service hitherto available only on the "what music" thread on here, i.e. introducing me to new music! 

Posted on: 05 September 2018 by Yetizone

Likewise, I had a duff CD last week (CD rot) and it took two attempts at emailing them to get back to me, offering a refund which is fine. One CD out of a batch of eight wasn't bad, but Customer Service was much slower this time round

Posted on: 05 September 2018 by nickpeacock

I have bought countless CDs from them (as MM and in their previous name, Zoverstocks) for many years on many occasions I basically replaced my vinyl with CDs from them. I usually check on Amazon to see if MM are selling a particular used CD I'm after. If so, I will almost always buy from them in preference to other sellers. Very occasional mishaps over the years, always corrected by refund.

Posted on: 05 September 2018 by Charles44

I stopped using them 6 months when I ordered a cd then realised I had it and tried to cancel it, all within 15 minutes. When I received a reply, 12 hours later, they said it had been despatched, on a Sunday, but I could return it. Needless to say it arrived then they would not refund postage for the return so I gave the duplicate to Oxfam if I remember correctly. It is worth noting that the post they charge, if ordering via "the River" is more expensive than other suppliers from there. They also seem now to have more cds that are not as described.

When they were Zoverstocks I never had a problem, perhaps now too big.

Posted on: 05 September 2018 by Happy Listener

Like their peers, MM's evaluation of product quality (mainly the jewel case and note insert) can be awry but, overall, I find them OK - given I spend <£3 for a non-new CD inc. postage.

The one really bad one I got, I just couldn't be bothered to pursue given the very little spend involved. 

I find it a great way of buying music I'm unsure about - and I've put together a collection for some friends via the re-selling sources. One 'Renew 24/7' supplied a CD in plastic wrap and claim to have cleaned the CD and rewrapped. Haven't played it yet but it looks 'new'.

Posted on: 06 September 2018 by Gazza

I did get a refund today....A week after sending an email and several following chasers , so fixed eventually. But much slower than the last time I had a problem.

Posted on: 18 September 2018 by john s

Has anyone bought a refurbished iphone or ipad from MM? If so was it aok?

Posted on: 26 September 2018 by Japtimscarlet

Didn't even know they did phones . 

Always buy from MM on ebay ...a few problems sorted swiftly thought eBay with a refund.

Posted on: 27 September 2018 by Wugged Woy
Richard Morris posted:

Wrong cd delivered - instant refund following an email via Amazon.

Pcd posted:

nickpeacock posted:

I have bought countless CDs from them (as MM and in their previous name, Zoverstocks) for many years on many occasions I basically replaced my vinyl with CDs from them. I usually check on Amazon to see if MM are selling a particular used CD I'm after. If so, I will almost always buy from them in preference to other sellers. Very occasional mishaps over the years, always corrected by refund.

I'm with you boys. Have bought literally hundreds of discs from them and their previous incarnation, Zoverstocks. Bought through Amazon.

Hardly ever had a problem. Whenever I did, a quick e-mail and it was resolved by them promptly and professionally.

One of my 'go to' sellers.

Posted on: 04 October 2018 by ewemon

Think I have bought 6 cd's off them in the past week. In all the years I have been using them this batch has been the worst graded. Some of them were unplayable. Think I will use them sparingly in the future.

Posted on: 04 October 2018 by Gazza
ewemon posted:

Think I have bought 6 cd's off them in the past week. In all the years I have been using them this batch has been the worst graded. Some of them were unplayable. Think I will use them sparingly in the future.

Keep complaining, I got my money back after a week or so

Posted on: 05 October 2018 by Yetizone

Sheesh. Last month I had five MM orders on the trot where one or more of the CDs were not included in the order. From the Customer Services response, it seems there can be an issue with the website not refreshing quickly enough when a particular disc is low in stock, where multiple customers are in the process of buying the same disc. 

Each time this has happened I’ve refreshed the page to make sure it was still in stock before going through to checkout. Same experience when using both their ebay store and the main MM website too. We have a fast BB connection so that's not the issue.

CS came through with a refund in each case, so that’s cool. But at the moment there seems to be some sort of glitch (perhaps with my account - CS checked and all ok) when it comes to low stock CDs (one / two discs in stock) on popular artists where there’s a fast disc turnover.