Paul Simon - in the blue light.

Posted by: David O'Higgins on 07 September 2018

Paul revisiting some of his favourites, with new arrangements. Just 4 tracks in, but it’s very impressive. 

Posted on: 08 September 2018 by David S Patterson

Just bought the vinyl..... And Paul McC. 

Can't wait

Posted on: 08 September 2018 by David O'Higgins

Bought the PmcC too! Not really listened yet.

Posted on: 08 September 2018 by Mike-B

HighResAudio 24/96 FLAC conv. to WAV.     Interesting work, different, no familiar sing-a-long songs, nothing is sing-a-long to be honest, the only familiar PS track is 'Rene & Georgette Magritte with Their Dog After the War',  it & all of the other track have a melancholy whimsical jazz-like feel,  some of the other tracks I've not heard before anywhere.  Paul's voice is an unchanged classic voice & sound of his time, & thats a compliment considering his 76 years,  I like it.   Some of the parts of the instrumental reproduction together with the sound in general are a bit special.    For me it will become a late night on my own go-to with something mellow,  maybe red, maybe amber & liquid.

Posted on: 09 September 2018 by David O'Higgins

If I hadn’t been seduced by Bert’s praise of the Melody Gardot album, I would have paid this more attention. It is very difficult to accommodate yourself to new arrangements of old favourites., but I will return when time allows.