Hi Res Music Where From

Posted by: Dalamtian on 08 September 2018

I want to listen to some hi res music on my Nova to see what it sounds like, I stream from Tidal which doesn’t support hi res so where do I go to get it?

I’m thinking of downloading it to my iMac and transferring it to a USB stick and playing it through the Nova, is this correct?

Nick

Posted on: 08 September 2018 by French Rooster

Hd tracks

qobuz

highrez audio 

bandcamp

these are the most important sites.   

Posted on: 08 September 2018 by Bert Schurink

A USB stick is a possibility to just dip your feet into the topic of high res audio. However an USB stick will not give you a lot of space to store albums which are mostly 1.2 to 1.5 GB. As soon as you start seeing the benefits, you will most probably want to attach a NAS to your network to be able to store more music.

With regards to getting the music. You can buy it from quite a number of sites. Mentioning some of them: Qobuz, Highresaudio.com, prostudiomasters, hdtracks, 7digital, eclassical.com.......

Have fun with your exploration.

Posted on: 08 September 2018 by Mike-B

Most HR vendors sell the various PCM formats such as FLAC, WAV etc.,   but keep  look out for DSD,  especially if your music tastes are acoustic, folk, jazz or choral. Although if you've only been listening from Tidal ?? - I doubt it  

HR PCM is considered as anything 24-bit,  sample rates range from 44.1kHz up to 192kHz.     DSD(64) single rate is 2.8MHz & aprx eq to a 24/88.2 PCM file.   I believe your Nova can play DSD(128) 5.6MHz

Posted on: 14 September 2018 by Peet

First decide on which format is best for your system and your ears.

This download, same track in pcm, dsd and flac in various resolutions is an excellent introduction to High Resolution Audio.

https://www.soundliaison.com/i...hp/6-compare-formats