Mark Knopfler ‘Down the road wherever’

Posted by: Mr Paws on 20 September 2018

Hi, Does anyone know if this album is available asa Hi-Res download anywhere?

Cheers..

Posted on: 20 September 2018 by Mike-B

No not yet,  its released in November I believe.     If as in the past with MK albums - Tracker for e.g. - the HR files will be released to the usual www.vendors ready for te same day CD/Vinyl release

Posted on: 20 September 2018 by Mr Paws

Ok thanks Mike I’ll hang on till then.. ????

Mike..

Posted on: 20 September 2018 by ewemon

Released I think 16th Novemeber. Heard a number of trax from it already but not allowed to comment on them so please don't ask. They have had one track up on youtube for the last couple of weeks.

Posted on: 20 September 2018 by Richard Dane

If you pre-order from the album from the official website you are offered a download of one of the tracks - Good on You Son.

Problem with the MK website pre-order is its only CD & Vinyl,  no Hi-Res downloads.  Interesting to note that a deluxe (more tracks) CD is available

I don’t go on Itunes  that often but..

Just had a look and it’s £12.99 for the ‘deluxe’ version and £10.99 standard version.  They’re having a laugh, for a ruddy lossy 256mbps file,  what a con, it will be available for £9.99 elsewhere including MK’s own site.  

What’s all this “Mastered For itunes” all about ?

Mike-B posted:

Problem with the MK website pre-order is its only CD & Vinyl,  no Hi-Res downloads.  Interesting to note that a deluxe (more tracks) CD is available

“no hi-res downloads”

I’ve always thought this would be commonplace now on artists websites especially the likes of Mark Knopfler whom I assume has more rights do do what he sees fit with his own material?

Mike..

“no hi-res downloads”

Seems not,  not that I've ever bought an album from an artists web-site.   I've just checked out MK's web-site & see that his previous release Tracker is only availabe on CD & Vinyl + links to Amazon, iTunes etc.,,  my Tracker is 24/192 bought from Qobuz