Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series 14 - More Blood More Tracks.

Posted by: Wugged Woy on 27 September 2018

The latest installment in the Bootleg Series is available for pre-ordering. Official release is 2nd November.

It covers arguably his greatest album Blood on the Tracks - early New York recordings, remixed Minneapolis tracks which appeared on the original album and boat loads of outtakes.

Six CD's covering only the original 12 tracks plus 2 extra unused tracks may seem a bit of an overkill for most. But for Dylan nuts this is pure Gold 

Anybody in for it ? Or am I the only one that's hopeless with money ? 

Posted on: 27 September 2018 by AndyP19

I’ve been following the 254 pages of ‘talk’ on this release on the Hoffman Forum and as usual the Hoffmen do like to ‘talk.

My order is in and you have to hand it to the Dylan team they do a great job on the bootleg series.

By the way his best album is Planet Waves.

Posted on: 27 September 2018 by Ricky Dasler

Have ordered the six cd edition and the vinyl. Hopefully a Hi-res version will be released as well.

Posted on: 27 September 2018 by audio1946

have you checked playlist of cds .  too many versions of each track. soon get bored of listening to them..  still his best 70s album by a mile.ordered vinyl not sure if it will be 180 gr.

Posted on: 27 September 2018 by Consciousmess

There are some outstanding Dylan tracks, but you’ve got to admit others are rubbish!

Posted on: 27 September 2018 by ewemon

I might buy it but have a lot of the trax anyway in one form or another and sometimes not too keen in various versions of the same song on a cd.

Posted on: 27 September 2018 by Wugged Woy
AndyP19 posted:

I’ve been following the 254 pages of ‘talk’ on this release on the Hoffman Forum and as usual the Hoffmen do like to ‘talk.

My order is in and you have to hand it to the Dylan team they do a great job on the bootleg series.

By the way his best album is Planet Waves.

Yep me too, I'm an Hoffmanite. I hope I don't get banned for saying that

My order in too.  And though I wouldn't go as far as saying Bob's best album, Planet Waves is one of my favourite and is so so so under-rated. Get the MFSL SACD - ignore negative Hoffmanite comments about it, it's great

audio1946 posted:

have you checked playlist of cds .  too many versions of each track. soon get bored of listening to them..  still his best 70s album by a mile.ordered vinyl not sure if it will be 180 gr.

I'm a masochist.........

Consciousmess posted:

There are some outstanding Dylan tracks, but you’ve got to admit others are rubbish!

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania burn the witch python\

Posted on: 27 September 2018 by fathings cat

I’ll be in for the vinyl that’s for sure. The deluxe CD is interesting but still thinking about it as quite a few goodies about as we head toward Christmas.

Gary

Posted on: 27 September 2018 by Bob the Builder

My parents are into Bob Dylan in a big way and rave over this release but I went to see him at Wembley Stadium with them in 1984 I think UB40 were supporting  and I have to say it was awful his voice was terrible and I missed Reggae Sunplash with my mates to go.                                                                                                                                                    

Posted on: 27 September 2018 by Clive B

I'll have to investigate this as I've been after a copy of the New York sessions for a long time now. Some of those inject new life into some of my favourite Dylan songs.

Posted on: 28 September 2018 by Kevin-W

I'm in for the vinyl, but I don't know if I'd listen to a lot of the stuff on the big box more than once.

Posted on: 29 September 2018 by thebigfredc
Consciousmess posted:

I think the quality of his output in the 60s and 70s is remarkable for there being hardly any duds given the sheer number of recordings he made.

In a similar way to Elvis and Sinatra, I find he always brings something special to the song.

Ray

Posted on: 29 September 2018 by audio1946

Dylan/PRESLEY in the early 60s was the start of the sale of the LP IN THE UK