Atom and Tannoy XT6F?

Posted by: muff on 30 September 2018

Hi,

I’ve searched for someone with experience pairing the Atom with XT6F, but with no success. Any chance that any of you have heard the combo and can give any feedback? I am a little worried the power of the Atom might not be adequate. 

I managed to buy the XT6F at a really nice price, but I have no amp at the moment and cannot get to hear them with an Atom, as no dealers have them both where I live. 

Cheers

Posted on: 01 October 2018 by blythe

Can you not take your speakers to a dealer who has the Atom to try them together personally?

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by SimonPeterArnold

[@mention:77033103153693778] did you ever audition this combo. I'm seriously thinking of testing these out but I can't find a dealer near to me that has them and the Atom.

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by muff

No, unfortunately I didn’t manage to try it. So I ended up with Denon HEOS as my multiroom solution for now. 

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by SimonPeterArnold
muff posted:

No, unfortunately I didn’t manage to try it. So I ended up with Denon HEOS as my multiroom solution for now. 

You happy with the speakers though? 

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by muff

Yes, definitely. Use them in a ~ 20 sqm living room and they easily fill the room. 

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by SimonPeterArnold

Good to hear. I might get Richer sounds to do a home demo as they are the only local supplier that will do this, but they only seem to have the oak model in stock and I want the Walnut. Would be cheeky to demo and get them from somewhere else. Guess I will have to make that choice if I like them. Going to demo the MA silver 200 as well.

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by SimonPeterArnold

Well I got a pair of xt6f in dark walnut at an amazing price. Have to say I love them and there not really broken in yet. They look nice too really well finished and solid.

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Skinnypuppy71

The Atom will have no  problems driving the 8ohm 90db tannoys...just a question if you have the space to accommodate them.

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by SimonPeterArnold

I do, they are smaller than my last floorstanders.