System pics with a view

Posted by: Mike Sullivan on 04 October 2018

For some us, listening has to accommodate family life. Rather than a dedicated listening room, our systems go into our living spaces, but we benefit from proximity to the coffee machine and a view and sharing is caring! Here's our system view (the second system is in a media room without a view):

System view

Posted on: 04 October 2018 by MangoMonkey

Totem Forests?

Posted on: 04 October 2018 by Jonners

That's a great view Mike, I'm not even looking at your rig! 

Posted on: 04 October 2018 by fathings cat

Looks beautiful. 

Gary

Posted on: 04 October 2018 by HiFiman

Who needs a music system with a view like that.

Posted on: 05 October 2018 by Mike Sullivan
MangoMonkey posted:

Totem Forests?

Yes, well spotted. Forest Signatures, about 6 weeks run-in from new.

Posted on: 05 October 2018 by gsr

Mike,

Totems and a view to die for...... you lucky ***!!!!!! You're going to tell us next you're married to Liz Hurley too!! lol

Gordon

Posted on: 05 October 2018 by james n
Mike Sullivan posted:

For some us, listening has to accommodate family life. Rather than a dedicated listening room, our systems go into our living spaces, but we benefit from proximity to the coffee machine and a view and sharing is caring! Here's our system view (the second system is in a media room without a view):

System view

I would think most of us have to accommodate listening with family life. It's a great pleasure to be able to enjoy good music with family and friends in a nice living space.

That's a gorgeous view

Posted on: 05 October 2018 by pete T15

That's some view Mike ! I enjoyed a similar one living not too far from you in Browns Bay 20 years ago , thanks for jogging the memory . Looks like spring has arrived too .. Enjoy !!

Posted on: 05 October 2018 by MDS

Wow! That's lovely, Mike. Chris Bell on here might be able to compete with you on the view he has but I'm struggling to think of any others.

pete T15 posted:

That's some view Mike ! I enjoyed a similar one living not too far from you in Browns Bay 20 years ago , thanks for jogging the memory . Looks like spring has arrived too .. Enjoy !!

As it happens, all my Naim and Totem gear is from Shore Hi Fi in Takapuna! Spring is here, so we have this to enjoy too:

Untitled 

gsr posted:

Mike,

Totems and a view to die for...... you lucky ***!!!!!! You're going to tell us next you're married to Liz Hurley too!! lol

Gordon

Hi Gordon, I have a soft spot for the Totems, beautifuly crafted and wonderful natural soundstage. The Forest replaced Hawks in my Lounge. The Hawks went to the media room - these little puppies have such a great holographic soundstage that I've decided not to go for surround sound.

Untitled

Posted on: 06 October 2018 by Eoink

Nova in the upstairs lounge, on a lovely autumn day in West Yorkshire.

And the B&Ws silhouetted against the view from downstairs.

Posted on: 06 October 2018 by Stevee_S
Eoink posted:

Lovely, thanks for sharing.

Stevee_S posted:
Eoink posted:

I’m suddenly very conscious how badly the windows need cleaning. 

Posted on: 06 October 2018 by Stevee_S
Eoink posted:
Stevee_S posted:
Eoink posted:

I’m suddenly very conscious how badly the windows need cleaning. 

No not at all, I'm sure its all helping with the sound deadening of the glazed backdrop. 

Posted on: 06 October 2018 by RaceTripper

[@mention:69567902137547080] We also have the Naguchi table. It's a beautiful and strking peice. We loves ours. 

RaceTripper posted:

[@mention:69567902137547080] We also have the Naguchi table. It's a beautiful and strking peice. We loves ours. 

I love mine, it’s a lovely piece of art in its own right, the sim0licity and cleverness of the base never ceases to amaze me.

Posted on: 06 October 2018 by Mercky

How’s that Saint Julien going down?

Mercky posted:

How’s that Saint Julien going down?

Still breathing, it’s very young, so it’s getting 2.5 hours in decanter before the first sip.

Posted on: 06 October 2018 by Mike Sullivan
Eoink posted:

Nova in the upstairs lounge, on a lovely autumn day in West Yorkshire.

Lots of yummy things going on there!

Posted on: 08 October 2018 by Lewis

After spending so much on my system I can no longer afford a posh house with a nice view, so I make do with this instead!

Posted on: 08 October 2018 by ngarritson

Lewis, looks excellent.  How are you enjoying the 32.5/hicap/250?

Posted on: 08 October 2018 by Lewis
ngarritson posted:

Lewis, looks excellent.  How are you enjoying the 32.5/hicap/250?

Thanks!  Yes I am, i've been running them for a long time now and I just change out power amps every so often.  I picked up that 250 a while back but they're extremely rare in this condition so I could not pass on it.  I changed things around at the weekend though and I have a pair of 135's running things at present, with the UQ2 being the main source.  Sounds great and has impressive power with the SL2's.

Posted on: 08 October 2018 by Foot tapper

Lovely system there Lewis!

If you have the time and the inclination, it might be worth swapping over the hicap and the 32.5,as it will move the pre amp away from the Nap250 transformer.  

If the box next to the UQ is an Armageddon, it might be worth swapping them over too.

Keeping the 32.5 away from the large transformers doesn’t cost anything, will retain the lovely appearance of your system and might even produce a worthwhile upgrade in sound quality.

Best regards, FT