Yoko Ono Makes Own Version Of "IMAGINE"

Posted by: Peder on 10 October 2018

Yoko Ono Makes Own Version Of "IMAGINE"

What do you think about this below,..I myself have never listened to her music,so I have no idea of her skills as a singer and musician.

?"47 years after the original release,Yoko Ono released her own version of her husband John Lennon's song "Imagine”,..writes The Guardian.

Yoko Ono has in recent years received official recognition,as co-author of the song released 1971.

John Lennon was strongly inspired by her poetry collection "Grapefruit",where several of the lines of text began with the word "Imagine".

The now 85-year old Yoko Ono's version of "Imagine" is on her upcoming album "Warzone".

/Peder ????

Posted on: 10 October 2018 by Gazza

Peder, within the article is a link to the Youtube video of her “singing” Imagine. Truly awful IMO. Nobody had the guts to tell her. She may have inspired John Lennon, but this is not really a fitting tribute, again IMO.

Posted on: 10 October 2018 by Tony2011

Posted on: 10 October 2018 by dave marshall

I was never keen on the original, but dearie me, that is dreadful .......... don't give up the day job, Yoko.

Posted on: 11 October 2018 by Peder

???? Gazza,.Tony2011,.Dave Marshall,...."don't give up the day job, Yoko."

This above,was probably the best comment to describe this.
Sounds the entire album the same,..Well then really fits the title "Warzone" ????????.

I put the video in here with Yoko Ono "singing" Imagine,..if any more want to listen.
Also adds a video where John Lennon sings Imagine.
Although Yoko Ono is in the video,but she does not sing..or contribute with something musical.

????  https://www.youtube.com/watch?...nzxovFqw&sns=sms

Yoko Ono,...Imagine..???????? 

???? https://www.youtube.com/watch?...kThdzX-8&sns=sms

John Lennon,...Imagine..????????

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 11 October 2018 by Kevin-W

I think it's great. All you lot are squares!

Posted on: 11 October 2018 by AndyP19
Kevin-W posted:

I think it's great. All you lot are squares!

Good for you Kevin-W.  Well said.

Posted on: 11 October 2018 by Gazza

The Squares should get together and record it.....there is an obvious demand out there. 

Posted on: 11 October 2018 by ewemon

Personally I am not a great lover of Yoko's music but for some reason I quite like this. Does that mean I am not square Kevin-W?

Posted on: 11 October 2018 by Kevin-W
ewemon posted:

Personally I am not a great lover of Yoko's music but for some reason I quite like this. Does that mean I am not square Kevin-W?

You are definenitely NOT square Ewen.

Posted on: 13 October 2018 by wenger2015

If you put a Yoko Ono cd randomly placed in the garden it’s extremely effective in keeping the vermin away.....

Posted on: 13 October 2018 by Simon-in-Suffolk