It’s Gone ! Again

Posted by: Don Atkinson on 17 October 2018

What’s gone wrong this time ?

Appart from Universal Credit and a missing Saudi journalist, there’s not much else in the news these days, and rightly so as far as the U.K. is concerned. So I can understand people having strong feelings.

But it’s a bit disappointing if we can’t discuss and express feelings about the one thing that will change our future more than anything else at the moment. Anyway, I’m not sure whether the discussion became really nasty or whether the moderation level has changed.

Pity either way IMHO.

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by hungryhalibut

Can’t talk about Trump. Can’t talk about Brexit. I know, let’s talk about hifi. The most important thing in life. 

Interestingly, an incisive debate about Brexit continues happily on another popular forum without people descending into childish name calling and general offensiveness. But then of course it’s not a manufacturer sponsored forum so can be more free in its discussion. 

Perhaps people could contribute there instead. 

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Ardbeg10y

Its an attack on democracy. Net-neutrality seems to be challenged too (in certain countries to get the rich even richer, and in other countries to keep the equals more equal than others).

Combine censorsship and the absense of net-neutrality and we have arrived in 1984.

One would say that a company producing everything in black would suit the dark web well ...

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Mike Sullivan
hungryhalibut posted:

Can’t talk about Trump. Can’t talk about Brexit. I know, let’s talk about hifi. The most important thing in life. 

Interestingly, an incisive debate about Brexit continues happily on another popular forum without people descending into childish name calling and general offensiveness. But then of course it’s not a manufacturer sponsored forum so can be more free in its discussion. 

Perhaps people could contribute there instead. 

I think it was the picture you posted yesterday that broke the camels back. Time to enjoy the music ????

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Mike-B

Its a shame as we are getting to a phase in the negotiations that is most important.    But we (the collective we) are the architects of our own demise.    The brexshit & the orange person threads all ended up with too many post that were basically "I'm right you're wrong & I will keep throwing rocks until I win",  then when that doesn't work, throw insults.     It was interesting to read the different points of view,  but after a few turns around the pole,  it gets pointless & same old same old ..............

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by hungryhalibut

It’s a shame that we cannot discuss these key things lest a few contributors with extreme views get upset. Yet they say what they like and the woolly liberals have to take it. It’s all most unbalanced. Anyway, it’s Naim’s call. If Brexit is banned it may actually be a good thing, and could enable the Forum to become a place of refuge, where a love of music can prosper. There is more than enough Brexit on the radio, TV and in the papers. 

If people cannot remain civil perhaps it’s a time for a ban on anything remotely political, or anything that criticises anyone in any way whatsoever. 

You might want to read what you wrote ???? “the orange”, “throw insults”. Touché .

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Bob the Builder

Naim is watching you!

Bob the Builder posted:

Naim is watching you!

You’ve been Naimed.

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Jonners
Mike-B posted:

Its a shame as we are getting to a phase in the negotiations that is most important.    But we (the collective we) are the architects of our own demise.    The brexshit & the orange person threads all ended up with too many post that were basically "I'm right you're wrong & I will keep throwing rocks until I win",  then when that doesn't work, throw insults.     It was interesting to read the different points of view,  but after a few turns around the pole,  it gets pointless & same old same old ..............

I don't I helped matters by expressing my frustration and calling Barnier and Tusk "arrogant gits". Oh dear, I've just done it again...

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Richard Dane

There were some complaints about some language used by a particular member on here.  As is policy when we receive a compliant about a thread, it has been removed to an isolated area for review.

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Massimo Bertola

Thanks, Richard. I lasted 80 minutes. Now I only remark that Adam Meredith's thread Best Jokes counts 9434 posts, and contains the largest number of misogynist jokes I have ever seen in my life. Brits must have some issues with women, other than with *****.

No alert, nothing: just erased. I suggest that the Padded Cell forum is removed entirely due to uselessness (unless you like misogynist jokes).

M.

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Mike-B
Mike Sullivan posted:

You might want to read what you wrote ???? “the orange”, “throw insults”. Touché .

No insult,  it is simply a way frequently used on the forum to mention the 't' name without getting censured.  

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Richard Dane

Don, the thread is now back having had the offending post (and a couple of responses) removed. I'll close this one now.