How to see which threads I am following

Posted by: nickpeacock on 18 October 2018

Is anyone aware of a quick method of finding out which topics I am following? (By "quick" I mean without having to open up every thread individually.)

I've only just worked out how to be notified of new posts on particular threads; at the same time I've only just found out that until today I had applied a setting which automatically followed any thread I commented on...

Posted on: 21 October 2018 by Gavin B

Choose 'Profile Page' under your username/avatar.

There are four options to look at under there including likes. I have no idea whether this includes follows. 

Actually, 'Activity' looks a better bet. You can then filter this as Actions which might work.

Nope, just tried following this thread and nothing comes up. Ignore me!

Posted on: 21 October 2018 by osprey

If you choose “Personal Activity Stream” option from the menu and then “Content” you should see the topics you are following. 

Posted on: 21 October 2018 by nickpeacock

Thanks for trying [@mention:1566878603953050].

Thanks [@mention:7057894837946584]. I’ll try this.

Posted on: 22 October 2018 by JimDog

How does one get oneself excused from the thread 'What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XIV)' - it is jolly interesting to see what others are listening to at first, but in the end it boils down to 'music'. And it is majorly spamming up my inbox.

(can't remove the bold from this text)

Posted on: 22 October 2018 by Eoink
JimDog posted:

Go to the thread, scroll up to the top, in the grey box at the top unclick on Follow This Topic. If you reply to a post on the thread, after you've typed your reply scroll down below the reply box and untick the follow box.

Posted on: 22 October 2018 by nickpeacock

This I can answer, in two parts.

First, uncheck the tick box at the very top of the thread.

Second, you need to go to your profile page. In the "Personal Settings" tab, scroll down to "Default Notification Preferences" and uncheck the box "Follow Content, When You Comment/Reply". This stops you automatically following any thread which you happen to post in...

nickpeacock posted:

[@mention:7057894837946584] - many thanks. This got me almost what I wanted. It let me see the threads I started and in fact most of them are now closed. So I think I can opportunistically unfollow and old threads which I happen to be notified about in future and selectively follow the ones I want to follow. Thanks again.

Posted on: 22 October 2018 by Eoink
nickpeacock posted:

Second, you need to go to your profile page. In the "Personal Settings" tab, scroll down to "Default Notification Preferences" and uncheck the box "Follow Content, When You Comment/Reply". This stops you automatically following any thread which you happen to post in...

Thanks Nick, I'd never foind that option.

Posted on: 22 October 2018 by osprey
nickpeacock posted:
nickpeacock posted:

[@mention:7057894837946584] - many thanks. This got me almost what I wanted. It let me see the threads I started and in fact most of them are now closed. So I think I can opportunistically unfollow and old threads which I happen to be notified about in future and selectively follow the ones I want to follow. Thanks again.

You’re welcome – glad that it worked for you. 

nickpeacock posted:

You can also change notifications so you don't get an email with every alert. (Alerts will still show up in your profile, just not with an accompanying email.)

Posted on: 22 October 2018 by JimDog

thanks Eoink- that's how to do it

(I should have been able to work that one out for myself...)