Bohemian Rhapsody the movie

Posted by: CP62 on 24 October 2018

The movie got only two stars from the Guardian. As a Queen fan for decades i read all the books and watched all the documentaries made about Queen and Freddie. For me rock singer number one in my book. The Guardian says that the movie does not tell what schould be told. Happly  Alexis gives a better story about Freddie Mercury.  Any Mercury fans here?

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/alexispetridis

Posted on: 24 October 2018 by Hook

Yes, both Mrs. Hook and I are fans. We watched this a couple weekends ago.  

)

Posted on: 24 October 2018 by joerand

I saw Queen in Cleveland, Ohio circa 1982 (Billy Squier was the opening act). Great show and I remember thinking Mercury was every bit a front man as Jagger, if not better. I was pretty impressed with Brian May as well. Funny thing, I can't recall whether they played "Bohemian Rhapsody". The movie is not something I have interest in attending at the theater. Happy to watch once it hits cable.

Posted on: 24 October 2018 by Bob the Builder

Although never a fan of Queen I was a fan of Freddie Mercury and to me Queen songs were Freddie Mercury songs. His songs soundtracked my life and play along side some of my best memories for instance after visiting a very famous Synagogue in the Jewish quarter of Kochi in Kerala, India with some fine Israelis I met on Gokarna train station we all five squeezed into a rickshaw whose driver let me drive a little bit over the Thompompaddy Bridge whilst the four Israeli's sang Don't Stop Me Now. A bit cheesy maybe and the Kingfishers and the Charas may have helped but it was Freddie's song sang by those young Israeli's fresh from their national service that made it a special memory.