Synology - no results

Posted by: Abbey-Crunch on 29 October 2018

I have a Synology DS215j playing through an NDS. All was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago. Now if I go in through Music/By Folder/[Artist] it comes up with "no results". This is the case with every artist. All the music is there if I go in through "All music" but of course it's a pain trying to find / play what I want. Any suggestions?

Posted on: 29 October 2018 by Bart

The "Music/By Folder . . . " browsing is controlled by the server running on your nas.  That's where you need to start.

What server are you running on it?  Have you rebooted the nas?  How about if you don't use the folder view -- will the Naim App see things sorted by Artist?

Posted on: 29 October 2018 by Mike-B

I've had the same on odd occasions,  its frustrating & I've (as yet) not found the actual cause. I just take as time for a detox; clear both the app cache's, turn both NDX & Synology off,  then restart first Synology & let it finish,  then restart the NDX,  I've also run a reindex.   Like I say,  not sure what the actual is so I just did it all,   however I've recently installed a 3rd party UPnP - Asset UPnP beta for Synology - & I've yet to see the same problem with that.   

Posted on: 29 October 2018 by Dougie Danger
Abbey-Crunch posted:

I have a Synology DS215j playing through an NDS. All was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago. Now if I go in through Music/By Folder/[Artist] it comes up with "no results". This is the case with every artist. All the music is there if I go in through "All music" but of course it's a pain trying to find / play what I want. Any suggestions?

Hi

Try deleting and reinstalling the Naim app.  It worked for me. 

Posted on: 29 October 2018 by Abbey-Crunch

OK. Deleted and reinstalled App. Closed and restarted Synology and NDS. Now working ok. Suppose I should have known the answer was close down and restart. It normally is. Thanks for the advice.

Posted on: 30 October 2018 by David Hendon

It's very unusual that you have to delete and reinstall the app rather than stop and restart it, which is much faster to do.

best

David

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by Monkey Jim

I have had a similar issue this evening, getting ‘No Results’ in the Naim app in Artist view only. Albums are not shown in Artist view, but they are all present and correct in Album view, and in fact in every other view. I tried the complete network restart that usually solves problems, and it did, for one album, but when I tried to select another ‘No Results’ was back. I checked my NAS and all the files are there, so not sure what to try next. At least I can listen to music, but Sod’s law dictates that the view I use most is the only one that’s broken.

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by Huge

I have often found that clearing the UPnP cache in the Naim app is all that's needed, if that doesn't work the next call is a restart of the Synology Media Server (much quicker than a restart of the NAS).  If that fails it's usually because I've edited the metadata on too many files and a rescan is needed.

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by Monkey Jim

Ah, thank you Huge. The UPnP cache clearance restored all the albums in artist view on the Naim app.