NDX-2 display freeze

Posted by: Rocker1 on 30 October 2018

Hello everyone, 

I experienced an issue with the display on my new NDX-2. When I am switching tracks, occasionly the display freezes and does not show the current track information/cover art, but those from the previous track. Although the new track plays without problems. The only way to resolve this is a complete restart (disconnect from mains). Switching to standby and back to operating has no effect.

I am streaming FLAC files from my Synology NAS via Ethernet cable connection. I never saw this with my former NDX.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks.

Posted on: 30 October 2018 by Klout10

Seen this with my Nova every now and then - despite the fact that I'm running the latest firmware ...

Posted on: 30 October 2018 by TallGuy

On the Nova there's a "deep sleep" mode - does the NDX2 also have one ? (Press and hold standby botton on the front of the device (not the remote) for 3+ seconds). If so try that - it works for the Nova and means you don't need to pull the power out,

Posted on: 30 October 2018 by Gazza

I used to get this about once a week on my Nova, then a few months ago it never happened again. I just presumed a firmware update had sorted it?

Posted on: 30 October 2018 by Rocker1

Thanks guys. So maybe the next firmware update fixes this ...

Posted on: 30 October 2018 by Obsydian

It tends to happen on the Nova when you flip, flip around tracks allot (i do), i seems to loose it way and freezes.

A power cycle resolves it which is irritating.

Posted on: 30 October 2018 by AlanJ

I experienced same issue with my NDX2 this last weekend. Been running it for 3weeks now and its the only time it has happened thus far.

My resolution was the same as yours.

Posted on: 30 October 2018 by Crispy

Same here. Reported into Naim Support about a week ago but they have not responded.

Posted on: 30 October 2018 by Pcd

I’ve had this on and off with my ND555 Naim are aware of this and they have downloaded files from my ND555 to see if they can sort.

It happened again this weekend I emailed the R&D department they have responded and have confirmed they are still looking into a fix work in progress as they say.

Posted on: 01 November 2018 by Crispy

Holding the power button down on the unit does work on the NDX2. Mine just got stuck on the home screen. Would still play and switch inputs, but when you select ‘now playing’ all you get is the home screen. After this restart, the Naim logo has dimmed to the point where it can hardly be seen.

Posted on: 18 November 2018 by Rocker1

Display froze again yesterday, latest firmware update did not solve the issue :-(       

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Stevie Bart

I think it might be an issue with your unit.

I too stream using an NDX 2 from Ethernet / NAS dirve and never had a problem.

On changing tracks, the display picture changes to a miniature version and shows track information - after a few seconds reverts back to normal full picture.

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Pcd

Naim are certainly aware of the problem on the ND555 and are working on a fix hopefully they will be releasing a update for Beta testing shortly. I would log the problem in with Naim support.