Accessing ProStudioMasters from the UK

Posted by: Meerkat on 05 November 2018

Hi there

I'm trying to download some Hi Res 24/96 Queen albums from ProStudioMasters, but they won't allow me to do it, as it recognises that I'm based in the UK. I think there is some kind of proxy software, but that looks like grief.

Does anyone know of a site that you can purchase these 24/96 downloads? HDTracks & HIRESAUDIO don't sell them.

Thanks

Posted on: 05 November 2018 by Mike-B

Hi Meerkat,   I use a VPN called Hola.    Problem I've noticed recently with HDTracks.com (USA) is they have something that outsmarts VPN's & they won't let me in even tho' my HDTracks USA account has a US postal address.

It seems a bit daft to me as when I'm in the USA I can buy music from any store without restrictions,  but it seems HDTracks (USA) are not able to accept me paying PayPal (a US company) that are happy to charge my AmEx (another US company) when I order from outside USA.

Posted on: 05 November 2018 by Meerkat

Agreed Mike. I managed to hoodwink HDTracks once, before they launched the UK site. But when I tried again a few months after, they blocked me.

No idea why they won't let us purchase by PayPal, it's pretty secure.

Posted on: 05 November 2018 by Mike-B
Meerkat posted:

Agreed Mike. I managed to hoodwink HDTracks once, before they launched the UK site. But when I tried again a few months after, they blocked me.

No idea why they won't let us purchase by PayPal, it's pretty secure.

It's all about the royalty & licencing protocols as I understand it.    by why is it I can buy from HDT.com when in USA using PayPal or CC's but can't when in UK, EU or elsewhere ??   like I say,  seems a bit daft to me.

Posted on: 05 November 2018 by Motel Blues

Almost certainly not what you’re after, but Qobuz and 7Digital are at least selling “On Air” in 24/96. Not a brilliant situation, I agree.

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by Meerkat
Motel Blues posted:

Almost certainly not what you’re after, but Qobuz and 7Digital are at least selling “On Air” in 24/96. Not a brilliant situation, I agree.

Thanks. Yes I saw that. Hopefully they'll bring other albums out in 24/96 ????

I don't think the 16/44 downloads would sound better than the CDs? Besides, the CDs are available for about £5.99, whereas the 16/44 downloads are £12.49. 

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by Crispy

I am in Jersey (UK not New Jersey) and HDT recognises me as outside UK and can happily pay using PayPal. 

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by Crispy

Ps if you can get hold of the Queen albums it is well worth it. They sound very special.

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by Meerkat

ProStudioMasters are selling all the Queen albums in 24/96. But, only available for purchase to those living in USA or Canada.