Radio Paradise streams choices

Posted by: Woj on 08 November 2018

Hi, do anyone of you know whether it is possible to access Radio Paradise's alternate streams on the Uniti streamer? On the Squeezebox platform there are 4 available: Main Mix, Mellow Mix, Rock Mix and Mellow Mix. All in FLAC and all fantastic!

Posted on: 08 November 2018 by ChrisSU

For RP FLAC streams, I use my iPhone into the front panel USB input on the NDX - a Uniti would be the same. The need for a cable is a minor inconvenience as my rack is close to the sofa, but a bit more difficult if it's on the other side of the room. 

Posted on: 08 November 2018 by Mike-B

I have done the same Chris,  problem is I have another side of the room situation & as a result have found it to be too much inconvenience.   It’s a shame in more than one ways,  not least that Naim appear to have not tried to get into this or at least not made it clear why they cannot,  whereas Sqeezebox have,  & if as WOJ writes, they seem to have done it well.

Posted on: 09 November 2018 by Mercky

I just use AirPlay from my ipad. On the new Unitis, if you plug your phone in to the front or rear USB ports it won’t play, it’ll charge but wont play. I queried this with Naim and they confirmed it to be the case for whatever reason 

Posted on: 09 November 2018 by Pev

I have my QNAP TS251 NAS connected to my tv via HDMI. The QNAP has HD Station which includes a browser as well as a range of apps. I just use the RP web interface on the browser and as the tv is connected to the NOVA via optical I get all the RP options. I control the NAS via a wireless mouse and keyboard from my sofa. This applies to anything accessible by browser on the internet. 

The QNAP is brilliant value as it is effectively a media PC as well as a NAS - I am currently watching the England Sri lanka test match live in HD (courtesy of my new FTP 200mb broadband connection .

Posted on: 09 November 2018 by Woj

wow, Thanks for responses. I see that some of us (including me) go to great lenghts to listen to music we like but unfortunatley this does not involve Naim streamer but requires other solutions.

Posted on: 10 November 2018 by Woj

LMS has got a plugin called 'Chrome-cast Bridge' provided by a genius Phillipe. Once installed on the server and configured it can see the Uniti giving full control of it from the LMS interface including streaming all the RP FLAC streams.

Posted on: 15 November 2018 by ChrisH
ChrisSU posted:

For RP FLAC streams, I use my iPhone into the front panel USB input on the NDX - a Uniti would be the same. The need for a cable is a minor inconvenience as my rack is close to the sofa, but a bit more difficult if it's on the other side of the room. 

[@mention:36201736949470193] I thought I’d try that too but to no avail. I connect my iPad with the Apple cable to the front USB on my NDX but it just brings up my iTunes music options. I can’t seem to play RP on the iPad and get it picked up on the NDX. I’m obviously doing something wrong or I have something switched off on the NDX - any ideas?

Posted on: 15 November 2018 by ChrisSU
ChrisH posted:
ChrisSU posted:

[@mention:36201736949470193] I thought I’d try that too but to no avail. I connect my iPad with the Apple cable to the front USB on my NDX but it just brings up my iTunes music options. I can’t seem to play RP on the iPad and get it picked up on the NDX. I’m obviously doing something wrong or I have something switched off on the NDX - any ideas?

I just select something from within the iTunes or Music app in the phone, and when it starts playing via the NDX, go to the RP app and hit play. 

Posted on: 15 November 2018 by ChrisH

Thanks Chris, hadn’t thought of doing it that way, works a treat. 320kbps sounded good, looking forward to trying out the full fat version!

incidentally, does your NDX also show ‘?????’ For the bitrate?

Posted on: 16 November 2018 by ChrisSU
ChrisH posted:

Thanks Chris, hadn’t thought of doing it that way, works a treat. 320kbps sounded good, looking forward to trying out the full fat version!

No, mine shows...

119CF614-9858-4B4C-9B07-2101614B1AC8

Posted on: 16 November 2018 by ChrisH

I foolishly didnt look at the App, I was looking at the front screen of the NDX which showed ????? - does your front screen show that?

Ill have a look at the App later when Im back home. Thanks Chris.

Posted on: 16 November 2018 by ChrisSU

I don’t remember seeing any ?????s in the NDX screen. I’m away for the next week or so, if I remember I’ll check it when I get home. 

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by Mr Paws
ChrisSU posted:
ChrisH posted:

No, mine shows...

Hi ChrisSU,  Which iPhone are you using ?  I’ve tried plugging my iPhone 7 and run RP FLAC but no joy at the moment,  I just get 6 options like playlists podcasts etc  ????

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by ChrisSU
Mr Paws posted:
ChrisSU posted:
ChrisH posted:

No, mine shows...

Hi ChrisSU,  Which iPhone are you using ?  I’ve tried plugging my iPhone 7 and run RP FLAC but no joy at the moment,  I just get 6 options like playlists podcasts etc  ????

That was with an iPhone 6, which I have just replaced. Do you mean that you get 6 options on the front panel display? You can initiate play from there, or from the iTunes or Apple music app on the phone. Just play anything at random, you won’t see RP here. Then open the RP app, hit play, and it should take over. 

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by Mr Paws

Thanks ChrissSU I’ll try that out ????????

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by ChrisSU

Back home now, and I’ve just tried this again. You are right, the front panel display shows ??????? 

It also mistakenly thinks that it is playing an audiobook if you scroll through the different screens, although it does get the now playing info right. I guess this is all a result of using the USB interface for something it was never originally designed to do. Still, it works, which is the main thing, and the app shows the info. 

I’ve just noticed that using the intended Apple music source, the front panel shows ????? and calls the music playing an audiobook so it’s not RP that’s at fault here. 

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by Gazza

I decided to change from internet radio playing a Radio Paradise through my ND555 to the full Flac via the Radio Paradise App. To do this I just enabled Airplay in settings, and then the RP App finds the ND555 and plays Flac.....simples. Later in the day I tried to play from my Core, internet radio etc, absolutely nothing. Solution was to go back into settings and disable Airplay. Not very user friendly if that is deliberate, I just pass that on for others who may stumble into this problem.