does unitiqute2 will work with roon?

Posted by: yoav1yon1 on 10 November 2018

hi everyone

does unitiqute2 will work with roon

regards

e

Posted on: 10 November 2018 by Bob the Builder

There may be a way to do so using upnp but as it stands the UQ2 cannot operate with roon I believe only the new Naim streamers have that function.

Posted on: 10 November 2018 by cdboy

No. Unless you use a Roon capable device as a source plugged in to it.

Posted on: 11 November 2018 by Bart

I bought an Allo DigiOne so that I could use Roon with my UnitiQute2.  It works very well. It's based on the raspberry pi platform.  Plug in its power supply, connect it to your home network, connect it to your Qute2, and Roon sees it immediately.  VERY simple to set up and use.   

Posted on: 11 November 2018 by yoav1yon1
Bart posted:

I bought an Allo DigiOne so that I could use Roon with my UnitiQute2.  It works very well. It's based on the raspberry pi platform.  Plug in its power supply, connect it to your home network, connect it to your Qute2, and Roon sees it immediately.  VERY simple to set up and use.   

thanks for the help.

I don't really understand how the Allo DigiOne works, is it just a small card that connects to the qute2 and recognize the wifi and there for the Roon?

how did you connect it to the qute? digital cable ? 

Posted on: 13 November 2018 by Bart
yoav1yon1 posted:
Bart posted:

thanks for the help.

I don't really understand how the Allo DigiOne works, is it just a small card that connects to the qute2 and recognize the wifi and there for the Roon?

how did you connect it to the qute? digital cable ? 

Digital cable from the DigiOne to the Qute2. Network cable (ethernet) connects to the DigiOne.  DigiOne is a small box.  It has no wifi capabilities internally but if you want to use wifi you could connect it via its ethernet port to a wifi access point.  Roon just sees it on the network. 

Posted on: 15 November 2018 by garyi

Setup a pi with ropieee on it, hide it behind the hifi rack and no one will ever know

Posted on: 15 November 2018 by Ardbeg10y
Bart posted:
yoav1yon1 posted:

Digital cable from the DigiOne to the Qute2. Network cable (ethernet) connects to the DigiOne.  DigiOne is a small box.  It has no wifi capabilities internally but if you want to use wifi you could connect it via its ethernet port to a wifi access point.  Roon just sees it on the network. 

I do think that it has wifi. Mine has, at least.

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by yoav1yon1

thank you all, I will go for it