Muso with Airplay 2 Update & Roon

Posted by: pjlarge on 18 November 2018

Would anyone that happens to have a Muso and Roon be able to check that Roon still has control over the Muso since the latest update?

I have an Intel NUC running Roon ROCK and everything's been flawless for months.  Updated the Muso today and now Roon won't connect to the Muso over Airplay.  Rebooted everything, disabled and re-enabled the Muso in Roon, no dice...

Posted on: 18 November 2018 by J Saville

As I understand it, Roon doesn't currently support Airplay 2, so this will be why it doesn't work anymore. 

Posted on: 18 November 2018 by cdboy

However Roon is playing fine on my updated Mu-so via Airplay. Playing via Desktop as i type. Odd.

Posted on: 18 November 2018 by cycling66

I hear Roon are  working on a fix to bring the Qb back into the zone.

I have just tested it here and it definitely doesn't work for me, it sees the Mu-so but won't actually allow playback.

Posted on: 18 November 2018 by pjlarge

Thanks J - that’s the same behaviour as I get. 

Surely the firmware supports airplay 1 as well as airplay 2? Any way to revert to the previous version?  Roon has been the primary interface here that resolved all the issues with Devialet’s software. It’s a great platform. 

Your dealer may be able to roll it back for you, probably not something that I would advise you to do yourself though as it's not an automated process like the update from the app. 

Again most odd. Playing fine here. Roon via both iPad and desktop. Mu-so works with Siri as well so definitely updated.  

I think mine works as I had Roon shut down and had to restart it to help. Try shutting Roon down and bringin it back up and see how you get on.

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by pjlarge

I reverted the muso firmware to an older version I had on my laptop, normal service resumed.  

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by PixelPopper

My MuSo & a QB both uncommunicative with Roon. Apparently Roon are working on a fix to AirPlay 2 implementation which is causing problems with a few other AirPlay 2 devices as well. Roon forums have limited information.

Roon Forum

paul

Posted on: 20 November 2018 by PixelPopper

Roon have announced an update to fix Airplay 2 issue with MuSo & other devices.

visit their support forum for details.

paul

Posted on: 20 November 2018 by Pebble

Now fixed.

You need to update Roon and then it will work with Airplay again.

Airplay 2 solution for Roon being worked on but in the interim at least we are back to where we were prior to 1.7 firmware update.