How to give a name to an unknown CD with Naim Core?

Posted by: Hefranc on 19 November 2018

I recently acquired a combination of Naim Uniti Atom and Core; I've started to copy all my CDs in Core; some are unknown in the Metadata base and Core gives them a name in a form like "Unknown + number"; I would like to change the name so that I can recognize this CD in my Core library. Does someone know how to do this?

Thanks for your help

Hefranc

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Japtimscarlet

Using the naim app

Select the core

Select the album you want to edit 

Tap edit metadata

Put what you want in 

Select save changes

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Hefranc

Many thanks!

I'll try tonight and tell you

regards

Hefranc

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by ChrisSU

First, check that the Core internet connection is OK, as a dropped connection may have caused the metadata lookup to fail. 

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by David Hendon

The Core metadata lookup often fails because some CD producers are slow or totally delinquent in providing metadata to the online metadata databases. Some rips  will be found by the Core later, but some won’t ever. In my experience new classical releases are especially bad in this respect, even if they are Gramophone magazine Editor’s choice CDs for example. 

Fortunately Naim did eventually provide metadata editing for the Core, some months after it’s commercial release, and this works well, so far as it goes.

best

David 

Posted on: 20 November 2018 by Rich 1

Where album cover etc is unavailable I simply take a photo or scan the cd cover, save it in my 'Photos' file on my phone and use the Core metadata editor to add it to the Core database. Rich 

Posted on: 20 November 2018 by Hefranc

Thanks to all!

Very useful answers which allowed me to start renaming my CDs

Hefranc

Posted on: 20 November 2018 by Pcd

If the album artwork is missing or incorrectyou can also go into change album artwork carry out Google search for the album art work and copy to add.