Tidal. I cannot play any new added content added since September.

Posted by: Chris 179 on 22 November 2018

Hi All,

This is a new thread created from Tidal -Qute 2, after it was thought that the true problem was being masked by the title.

Since early September I cannot play any new content added to Tidal, It appears to be coincident with the release of the new Naim app.

The new content can be played direct on the Tidal app, but results in connecting, can't play, skipped on my streamer. via Naim app.

Please read the Tidal Qute 2 thread for information already collected.

Streamers with problems reported N172,N272, MU- SO and Qb.

Please try playing for example DELTA, by Mumford and sons via the Naim app and report if you encounter the problem.

Thanks

Chris

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Gavin B

Playing that successfully on my 2018 NDS with latest firmware and latest version of app. (Through the Naim app.)

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Gavin B

Just Tried Dare by Human League again, and it’s misbehaving as before. Loads all tracks into the queue but stops after the first track and clears the queue.

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by TK421

This is all screwed up!

I can play Dare without any issues, however any new titles that Tidal add (early September onwards) just will not play.

I'm still waiting a reply from Naim support to my enquiry sent 2 weeks ago today.

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Chris 179

Evening All

Gavin  B Thank you very much this is more information we can pass on as to a type of system that can play.

TK421 I am in contact with naim but have had no comebacks today.I feel you had better report your fault yet again please try and speak to a guy called Mark Bonner

Regards Chris

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by Popeye

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling. 

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by TK421

If only it were that simple.

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by Popeye
TK421 posted:

If only it were that simple.

???? miss read the original post. Yes that’s probably been tried a few times!

No worries,

It is all very frustrating as I haven't been able to listen to any new material via Tidal since September on my main system.

However, the Sonos plays the whole bloody lot.

I have an idea for the new boy Charlie employ the Sonos IT crowd.

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by Chris 179

Hi 

I would still welcome comments from any member on here like Gavin B.  Who can spare the time to try any new content on TIDAL and play via the naim app.

All that is required is to try and play it and report if you can or cannot play the content and also add which streamer you are using .

Content to be tried 

Delta Mumford and Sons 

The white album .The Beatles 

True meanings  Paul Weller

Egypt station   Paul McCartney 

Regards

chris

Hi Chris,

Just for clarity, although I think you are already aware of my issues.

• Delta - Can't play. Track skipped
  • The White Album - Can't play. Track skipped
  • True Meanings - plays without issues
  • Egypt Station - plays without issues

NAC 272.

PS - I have sent another email to Naim support and will see if I can speak to Mark Bonner next week.

Cheers,

Mike

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by Chris 179

Morning Mike

Thanks again . Your clarification has in fact opened up another can of worms because of the four albums I randomly selected I cannot play any but you can play the last two i.e. Egypt station and true meanings .

Is this a relevant factor in why the issue does not seem To have raised it's  ugly head as much as we thought it should.

Can you try another two albums for the sake of argument so for instance Bohemian Rhapsody and a star is born I cannot play either on my N172.

Chris

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by TK421

Morning to you as well Chris.

No, I can't play either of those albums. Well not using the 272.

Thanks again Mike 

I would really welcome some feedback from other members on the forum 

Chris

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by fathings cat

I have the same issue using my NDS although I haven’t updated the firmware - I wonder if that’s the solution....

Gary

Good Afternoon Fathings Cat,

Much thanks for your input. Are you referring to the firmware of your NDS or have not updated the Naim app, generated on 5th Sept.

It is since the update that in general we have concluded that the problem has started. Please can you report to Naim and ask for info to be passed to Mark Bonner, who is collating all info.

Again many thanks. Any more contributors please.

Chris

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by fathings cat

Hi Chris, I was referring to the NDS firmware being not up to date. I didn’t realise the issue was with the app.

l’ll have a chat with my friendly dealer during the week and feedback to Naim.

thanks

Gary

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by ChrisR_EPL

Just tried all 4 with no issues; they play like any other selection. Didn't stick through all four but all started ok and could I skip through to subsequent tracks. Played The White Album a couple of weeks ago, heard McCartney's new one prob in October, both in full. No issues.

This on a newish iPad using the current Naim app, played through a 272 with the latest s/w.

Many thanks to both of you  for taking the time to test .

Chris this  certainly throws yet another light on the subject because Mike has a 272 and can't play

I will feed this info to naim 

I am not a techno crat, But today I found an old android phone downloaded bubble and after pushing buttons was able to play everything on TIDAL that I cannot play via the naim app I don't know what this proves.

Perhaps that then naim app is definitely faulty!!!!!!!!!

Chris 

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by ChrisH

Don’t know if this helps but just tried (and skipped through) all 4 with no issues also.

This was through My Motorola G5 phone on Android using the current Naim appp, played through and NDX with the latest firmware.

Chris

Thanks again to yet another Chris.

Is it compulsory to use naim, if your name is Chris 

Chris

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by timster

In an effort to trouble shoot, Have you tried setting the tidal quality to normal in the naim app e.g. not hi-fi? Those albums stream ok for me using an ndx with tidal on hi-fi setting.

Hi Timster,

Yes I have tried, Normal, High, and Hi Fi on the tidal app and the Naim app. All combinations between both apps. Still no change.

Yesterday I even tried turning everything off, and starting all devices including router and Has in a logical order. Again no change.

Any ideas welcome

Chris

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by Skaara

Delta Mumford and Sons 

The white album .The Beatles 

True meanings  Paul Weller

Egypt station   Paul McCartney 

None of these albums are working for me - all skipped. 

I have another test that could be quite interesting:

On the What's new playlist section in Tidal there is a a playlist called "Bob Electric". Right now it is 5th highest (5th most recent) of Tidal's own curated playlists in the What's new section. 

It would be great if people in here could test by pressing play playlist and see what tract starts. For me every track until  in the playlist is skipped until it reaches Missin U by Robyn (track 32 in playlist). If I press next after that track 33-41 are also skipped and the next one that is played is Desire's Tears from Heaven.  

Cheers, 

Morten

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by Chris 179

Morning Morten

Will try and report back when I get a minute please could you confirm what streamer you are trying to use please 

Chris

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by Skaara

Hi Chris, 

Sorry, I'm on the Muso QB.