What is likely to be up Naims sleeve next?

Posted by: Popeye on 22 November 2018

Thoughts on what Naim are likely to be developing next ????

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by SongStream

A bespoke audio system for my new yacht.

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by james n

I'd wager a 272 replacement to bring it into line with the new ND series streaming platform. They've got all the other bases covered. 

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by Popeye
james n posted:

I'd wager a 272 replacement to bring it into line with the new ND series streamers. They've got all the other bases covered. 

Agreed, but where do you think there focus will be following that?

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by james n

Who knows - Active seems to be off the cards. The Superline is getting on a bit so maybe an update here or a Statement level Superline to take advantage of this interest in vinyl. Perhaps a new headphone amp to make the most of those lovely Focal headphones...

On the other hand maybe they'll keep everything as it is and just stick to producing special edition Musos. 

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by andrew jameson

Well i'm sure i saw something on Signals website that said there was a price freeze on 552/500 next year which usually heralds change - you never know!

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by nigelb

The note from Naim on the Signals website says that there will be no price increases in 2019 for both the 500 and Classic ranges, so I am not sure this hints at any product updates/new launches.

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by TallGuy

With no Unitis to sell thorugh 2017 (a major part of Naim's income I believe) I'd think that they need to sell lots of any/everything and not spend as much on R&D/new products (and associated tooling, etc) to plug the large financial gap that must have resulted from that.

So, if there is something new I'd suggest it will be a high(er) volume device - a new Mu-So/Qu-be or a Super-Nova or a Proton (or some other sub atomic particle - a cheaper Atom in other words).

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by feeling_zen

Axing more products from the core lineup of classic (small c) range I suspect. I bet the XP5xs and V1 vanish. 

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by J Saville
feeling_zen posted:

Axing more products from the core lineup of classic (small c) range I suspect. I bet the XP5xs and V1 vanish. 

XP5xs is already dead...

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by Mike Sullivan
james n posted:

I'd wager a 272 replacement to bring it into line with the new ND series streaming platform. They've got all the other bases covered. 

This along with styling the styling of a Nova. Next, a new range of integrated amps with the new styling would be pretty awesome. That would make for some great two box options with plenty of bang.

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by TOBYJUG

Naca 9

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by Mike Sullivan

A Super Nebula with a Black Hole to replace a stack of Black Boxes.

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by yeti42

The Musos are being sold off cheap at the moment, is this a hint?

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Yetizone

Hopefully, please..

Mu-So… There are quite a few offers on the Mu-So as observed by Yeti, so hopefully this is a signpost for new streaming platform updates. Currently £200 off at some UK stores. 

272.2… Again, adoption of the new streaming platform and NDX2 display would make a very tempting revision. 

NAC… Updates to the control system from analogue to digital for app control. Personally, I really prefer this form of control / interaction with the unit.

Nait... A 500 series UberHyperMegaNait to compete alongside the new wonder amps, such as Hegel and Vitus etc.

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by nigelb
yeti42 posted:

The Musos are being sold off cheap at the moment, is this a hint?

Yep, I have just noticed that too. Muso2 and Qb2?

Gotta get those youngsters converted before we old farts die out!

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by hungryhalibut

The cheap mu-so deal is a Black Friday promotion, after which they return to the normal price. 

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by nigelb

Ummm.....possibly but it is not the usual 10% ish off promo, this is £200 off a Mus-so and £210 off a Mu-so Qb. That is one heck of a Black Friday deal or it is a run-out promotion.

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Daniel H.

The Naim DAC has been discontinued. Might we see a new DAC? I hope Naim keeps a full width DAC in the lineup. A DAC good enough to upgrade the current streamers. 

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Olek_K

Power amp to go with new unitis - I would love something like half size amp upgrade for my star. But maybe this is not really technically possible.

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Popeye

With a new MD (Charlie, welcome) interesting times ahead.

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by nigelb

OK, the next new Naim thingy - I'll throw it out there!

A high res mobile device with high quality ear buds (or light on ear phones) that can be integrated and updated from a Naim streaming system. Think Astell & Kern with knobs on.

We have all got great systems at home but what about on the move or in the car?

Note to Naim Product Development and Marketing teams: No need to thank me, you can have that one, as long as I get a discount off the first one off the production line, and no, you can't get away with making these in China! This is a pukka bit of kit I'm talking here.

Ah, what about a name. Well it is a mobile version of the Uniti range so what about Mobiliti?

I'm wasted!

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by Popeye
nigelb posted:

OK, the next new Naim thingy - I'll throw it out there!

A high res mobile device with high quality ear buds (or light on ear phones) that can be integrated and updated from a Naim streaming system. Think Astell & Kern with knobs on.

We have all got great systems at home but what about on the move or in the car?

Note to Naim Product Development and Marketing teams: No need to thank me, you can have that one, as long as I get a discount off the first one off the production line, and no, you can't get away with making these in China!

Ah, what about a name. Well it is a mobile version of the Uniti range so what about Mobiliti?

I'm wasted!

????????????

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by Gazza

Nigel, I think that name has already been trademarked for our next vehicle upgrades.....mobility scooters ????

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by nigelb
Gazza posted:

Nigel, I think that name has already been trademarked for our next vehicle upgrades.....mobility scooters ????

Speak for yourself Gazza, you are as young as you feel. Although I must admit the old back is playing me up at the moment.

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by Eoink
Gazza posted:

It all,comes together, the battery  on the scooter powers the inbullt Core, streamer and stageline equivalent, DIN sockets on the front panel feeding Focal cans, hifi for Naim users iof a certain age.