Naim App - not the same features as Tidal App?

Posted by: MrCharlie on 23 November 2018

I just got the Atom - love it!

However, I noticed when using the Naim app to play Tidal, I don't see all of the features that I see in the Tidal app.  I am most interested in the Tidal app's "Because You Listened To ..." and  "New Releases for You" features.

Any ideas?

thanks

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Mike Sullivan

You can select the Atom as the player from the Tidal App using the Chromecast feature, but I’m not sure if the sound quality would be the same as it will play from the app to the Atom, whereas if you use the Naim App, it’s direct source from the internet connection into the Atom. You could try and compare both options.

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by MrCharlie

Thanks!  I’ll try that. 

Do you see the “Because you listened to ...” or “New Releases For You” in Tidal when using the Naim app?  I’m curious.  

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Mike Sullivan

No I don’t.

I also have the Core and from there it will list other albums by the same artist and list similar artists from the Naim App. I’m not sure it that works with another NAS type setup or not.

i noticed that if you favorite an item in the Tidal App, it will show up as a favorite in the Naim App.

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by Anavrin

Also if you have any ripped albums on a USB drive, it’s will show other albums by the same artist from the Tidal catalogue.

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by MrCharlie

I tried the Chromecast option, and it works - a bit clunky though.

NAIM - any reason why the full functionality of the Tidal app can't be integrated with the NAIM app?

thanks