QB

Posted by: al9315 on 24 November 2018

Spend too much time in my study, so today managed to get a really good deal on a QB !

Problem - tried to follow the instructions (Android) - but did not quite go as stated

I am using QB - wired to switch - using Naim app can play music fine, but I have two separate music systems, NDX plays music selected & QB plays music selected (both as selected - not the same)

How do I set it up to choose music which is the same & time aligned on both units ?

Quite impressed with the sound of it though !

Thanks

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by hungryhalibut

The NDX needs the multiroom input switched on. Then, if the app is like the iOS version, you’ll find four little boxes at the bottom of the now playing screen. Press that and you will get the options. Remember that it doesn’t work for high res, and the slave is only at MP3 resolution. 

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by al9315

Thanks very much HH - I thought the setting was just the one on the app, now working a treat !!!

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by al9315

Back again

Working was short lived ?! - I can play music from the app through NDX/amp/speakers : I can play music through QB

BUT not the same music  through both at the same time ?

I have both NDX & QB set to Multiroom - ON

I tap the app (Android) and get two boxes up - one for QB & one for NDX

I thought I would just go to NDX select music & it would play simultaneously through both products.

Have spent a while on support pages etc. but getting nowhere............?

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by hungryhalibut

If you stop playing for a while, or change source, you must reset Multiroom via the app. 

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by ChrisSU
al9315 posted:

Back again

Working was short lived ?! - I can play music from the app through NDX/amp/speakers : I can play music through QB

BUT not the same music  through both at the same time ?

I have both NDX & QB set to Multiroom - ON

I tap the app (Android) and get two boxes up - one for QB & one for NDX

I thought I would just go to NDX select music & it would play simultaneously through both products.

Have spent a while on support pages etc. but getting nowhere............?

Have you selected the QB in the multiroom control, and set it’s volume, as per HHs earlier instruction?

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by blythe

Set some music playing on your NDX, then, tap on the "now playing" section on the app (on the IOS version it's at the bottom of the screen where the volume bar is) and you should see a "four little squares" icon.
Tap on that icon and a window pops up showing all available "rooms" - select your QB and after a short pause, the same music should play on the QB, in perfect time.

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by al9315

Spent an hour or so this morning, not sure it is as it should be, but up and running.

I will play about with it for the next few days and see how I get on

Thanks again 

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by ChrisR_EPL

What are you not sure about?

I bought a new Muso on Friday and didn't think to try out multiroom till I saw this last night, but it worked seamlessly with the 272 in the other room just by following the advice given above, and it's easy to switch either in or out at will to see the linked volume sliders. What's not quite right at your end?

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by al9315

I think it is using it with an "Android" tablet, which I still have to restart fairly often, despite latest updates - I believe all much more seamless with "Apple" - but do not wish to buy Apple !?

I am however listening to Miles Davis on it just now - so fairly happy !

Will persevere

Thanks