MultiRoom not working on NDX2

Posted by: Terrysmi on 26 November 2018

I recently upgraded from an NDX to an NDX2 and one of the key drivers for that was the integration with Roon. I am very pleased with the NDX2 and Roon is how I drive multiroom on a daily basis across the NDX2, and Atom , 2 Muso's and 2 Audio Pro Devices. 

At the weekend though I needed to use the Naim App and I noticed that whilst I can do Multiroom from the Atom or Muso's to the NDX2 if I try and do Multiroom from the NDX2 the other Naim units aren't showing. I know there were problems with multiroom but I thought that had all been fixed or did I miss something ? 

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by hungryhalibut

Have you enabled the Multiroom input via the App? Assuming the NDX2 works like my 272 of course. 

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by Terrysmi

Thanks for the rapid response. The Muso and the QB both have a MultiRoom setting on inputs but the Atom and the NDX2 dont however the Atom sees all rooms and is working fine 

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by David Hendon

I think you need the 3.0.2 firmware in the NDX2. It would be worth checking that this is what you have. You will be able to find that via the app.

best

David

Thanks - the NDX2 is showing as up to date and the firmware is 3.0.2 (build 3997) 

You will probably need to wait for someone who has an NDX2 to come along. In the meantime you could try restarting the NDX2...

best

David

David 

pleased (but embarrassed ) to say that powering off fully and then back on worked !! Can’t believe I didn’t try that ! 

Excellent. I’m glad that worked!

best

David