Tidal not available on ND5XS

Posted by: Thorsten_L on 27 November 2018

Hi!

I exchanged my Unity Core to a demo ND5XS and I upgraded the firmware successfully to 4.6 (no error).

Everything works perfectly, but I can´t find TIDAL...not on the inputs settings...nowhere. Like I said, the upgrade was successful and I already did a factory reset...no success in regards to Tidal.

NAIM ap = 5.11.2

Yes, my ND5XS is able to stream 24/192 (3Dxxxxx...).

Any advice?
Thank you

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by Thorsten_L

Spotify is not available too.... 

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by David Hendon

Almost certainly you upgraded the ND5 XS firmware from 4.3 or below to 4.6 without doing 4.4 first. Naim mentions this in the release notes for 4.6. The reason for this is that Naim overlooked including the Tidal library in 4.6 and this wasn’t realised until after 4.6 had been released.

The way out of this is easy fortunately. You now need to install the 4.4 firmware which you can get from the Naim website and after that is finished, install 4.6 again. Then you will find Tidal and Spotify magically appear! This is the Naim-approved course of action by the way.

best

David

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by Gavin B

Are these inputs simply disabled in settings?

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by Thorsten_L
David Hendon posted:

Almost certainly you upgraded the ND5 XS firmware from 4.3 or below to 4.6 without doing 4.4 first. Naim mentions this in the release notes for 4.6. The reason for this is that Naim overlooked including the Tidal library in 4.6 and this wasn’t realised until after 4.6 had been released.

The way out of this is easy fortunately. You now need to install the 4.4 firmware which you can get from the Naim website and after that is finished, install 4.6 again. Then you will find Tidal and Spotify magically appear! This is the Naim-approved course of action by the way.

best

David

Dear David!

Again, thank you VERY much. Everything fine now. You are a jewel.

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by Rich 1

When all else fails, read the instructions. Trouble is I don't always take my own advice. Rich