Qutest connections

Posted by: eazyryder on 29 November 2018

Since acquiring  my qutest dac I now have the issue of what way to connect it to my novafidelity x12 source, previously I had been using a normal chord digital  75ohm coaxial  rca cable, from the novafidelity digital output to my previous hugo coaxial digital input.

My novafidelity x12 only supports either rca coaxial or toslink digital outputs.

Would I be better to look for a quality toslink to toslink or would an rca to bnc interconnect be the better choice?

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by cat345

If you don't intend to play files over 24/192 just get a toslink to toslink. They are usually less expensive than coax cables..

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by eazyryder
cat345 posted:

If you don't intend to play files over 24/192 just get a toslink to toslink. They are usually less expensive than coax cables..

Originally that's what I thought, but trying toslink vs coaxial on my hugo, coaxial to my ears seems to have a weightier/ warmer sound than the toslink alternative.

But if I go coaxial I will have to find a good rca to bnc interconnect?

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by ChrisSU

Well you can buy a Naim DC1 BNC to coax for £300 if you want, but the consensus here seems to be that a substantially cheaper cable such as a Gotham is just as good, and you can then choose whatever length you want.