Tifal on uniti 24/96

Posted by: balma01 on 29 November 2018

my first generation uniti (24/96) is not able to stream tidal directly. Do you have any suggestion on how to stream from an android device or a pc?

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by Guinnless

Have you got the latest firmware installed? Wired connection to your ISP router?

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by balma01

Hi, it is not a firmware issue, a uniti 24/06 do not have the capability to stream directly from Tidal or Spotify Connect. It works as designed

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by ChrisSU

Yes, you would need to have it upgraded with a 24/192 board as well as updating firmware.  I wonder if, as an alternative, running BubbleUPnP server into its UPnP input would be a better option. If you have a computer or NAS to run it, this would cost nothing. 

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by Guinnless

You may need to upgrade the hardware to 24/192. Richard or somebody with more knowledge than I may be able to help.

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by Tony2011

You definitely need the upgrade to 24/192 as I did to mine in 2016 and they should, if also serviced, change the display.

”Original NaimUniti and UnitiQute models and early NDX models are compatible with this new update but will only gain the new features (HLS BBC Radio support, TIDAL, Alarm Clock) if they are 24bit/192kHz capable”

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by gert

You can use the Bubble UPnP App to stream TIDAL to the uniti via UPnP. Either direct so that the Bubble App does the UPnP server part. Disadvantage: The stream goes from the internet into your android device and is then forwarded to the uniti.

Or you additionally can install the Bubble UPnP Server on a PC or a NAS as a proxy before your uniti. This is the way I would recommend. The Bubble App (BA) just tells the Bubble Server (BS) what to play. The BS holds the playlist and controls the uniti telling it what to play. This still works when the BA goes offline, because the BA is not involved into the streaming anymore.

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by ursus262

Wow!

I've just recently had my "Uniti v1" upgraded with new DAC and firmware, and I thought it was only 96/24 capable.  I never realised it was 24/192!