Connect hicap2 to nac 82

Posted by: Aceone on 30 November 2018

Hi can someone tell me how to connect my hicap2 to my 82 plz.

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by Richard Dane

Yup, as per the manual illustration.  Hicap to NAC82 via SNAIC5 (banded end of SNAIC closest to NAC82).  Then take pre-amp signal from the Hicap to your power amp.  Make sure you have the NAPSC connected to the NAC82 and powered up, and that the 5 pin link plug for Upgrade 2 is fitted.

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by Aceone

Hi I've connected it up and iam getting music very faint ,the music comes out same vol when I choose cd tape tuner ect  can anyone help me plz 

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by Richard Dane

Is the NAPSC connected to the NAC82 and powered up?

Is the 5 pin paddle link plug connected to the Link 2 socket?

Yes it is Richard I've noticed no sound out of right channel  but you can hear hiss noise out of right channel 

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by DuncPC

So you have got yourself a 82, enjoy as it's a good pre

Anyway here you go

Looking at the back off each unit 

On the 82 on the left had side are 3 pots in a row on the top with one below and next to that the napsc

Top left on 82 to right port on 1st hicap 5 pin to 5 pin

Top right on 82 to right on second hicap 5 pin to 5 pin

Then on the first hicap you use the next pot to the one you have connected the 82 too and that goes to the power amp

Hope that helps and enjoy

How do I put a photo on here using my phone and I will send one

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Richard Dane

Aceone, see the forum FAQ on how to post pictures on the forum.

You'll need to host the picture online somewhere. Then use the direct image URL.

Posted on: 06 December 2018 by Aceone

Hi just an update it was the signal input cable that was faulty I would like to thank everyone for their advice they gave me itsi up and running and sounds awesome to say it needs servicing.