Posted by: Malcolm Wilson on 01 December 2018

My name is Malcolm Wilson and  have been into hi-fi since I was fifteen.

I bought my main equipment in 2001, a Nait 3 & CD3.

My other equipment is

Project 3expresions deck with Ortofon 2M blue cartridge.

Celestion Dutton 15xr speakers.

I also have a dedicated mono system: lenco 70 deck with Ortofon omd25 cartridge.

Quad 303 power amp with passive volume control, using the above speakers or a royd sintra speaker.

I love classical, jazz and film music the most.

You will notice that my equipment is fairly vintage, but I still get much pleasure from it.

Look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Malcolm

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by wenger2015

Malcolm,

welcome to the forum..

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by raym55

Welcome Malcolm.

An interesting mix of some nice vintage gear. It aint what you got that counts, its how you use it. ???? I guess that holds true in so many contexts. 

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Japtimscarlet

Welcome Malcolm great to see a new face

just one though....save yourself now! It's to late for us...

you have been quite happy with your kit for 15 and more years... now your on here let's see how long that lasts  

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by HiFiman

Welcome to the mad house hope you have a big cheque book.

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Malcolm Wilson

Thanks all for your welcome, I am sure it is going to be very interesting.

M

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Kevin-W

Hello Malcolm,

I would like to be first in asking the question the whole forum wants answered: Do you like Goldfrapp?

And what are your feelings on Bobbie Gentry and Throbbing Gristle?

Who may  I ask are they?

I'm afraid I don't know them.

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Kevin-W
Malcolm Wilson posted:

Who may  I ask are they?

Your key to fame and favour on the Nain forum.

There is no answer to that.

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Richard Dane

Malcolm, thank you for your introduction.  Welcome to the Naim forum.  I'm a big fan of the CD3 and NAIT 3, and still have a CD3 in fairly regular use in one of my systems.

I agree, when I bought them I couldn't believe the big difference there was. 

Thanks for your welcome

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Gazza

The forum is great if you just soak in the information and use your own ears. Problem solving is a forte of the forum. The music posts are my favourite, welcome and enjoy.

Thanks Gazza, I'm sure I will.

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by MDS

Welcome, Malcolm.

You've got some classic kit there. I always used to admire the Quad 303 and the Lenco deck - unapologetic hi-fi built for function, not image.  

Thanks, my first hi-fi deck was a lenco when I was fifteen. I then sold and regretted it. So now I have another one I will not be selling it.

The l70 is great for mono.

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by J.N.

Welcome aboard Malcolm.

What was that about 'Abandon all hope, ye who enter here'? Divine Comedy could be strangely apposite.

Like I always say - from an experienced dealer and Naim; you'll get common sense and good advice. Here; you might just get paranoia.

The music-related threads are great, and apparent proof that we own Naim kit for the right reasons. Proceed with caution.

John.

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Malcolm Wilson

I will proceed with caution as advised & thanks for the welcome.

M

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by The Strat (Fender)

Malcolm. Welcome.  I’m not sure why the Throbbing Gristle have been adopted here. They  were a cult experimental punk band from the 80s.  Against my better judgement I was once persuaded to go and see them. Unbeknown to me the gig was held in a North London squat!  The Police arrived and I made my way to Camden Town rube very quickly!   They were crap. 

Enjoy the ride.  

Regards,

Lindsay

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by Bob the Builder

Welcome Malcom

You will find many on here who like myself love the Olive kit and a Nait 3 is definetly on my list to try.

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by Malcolm Wilson

Thanks everyone your welcome is appreciated. I'm sure I will enjoy the site.

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by Richieroo

Hi Malcolm ..... welcome to this friendly forum .......... I too got into hifi when i was fifteen........... many moons ago (1976!)........ Garard SP25, Rotel RA921 20w integrated amp and Eagle 9x6 elliptical speakers in a 17 ltr sealed cabinets .....  

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by Clive B

Hello Malcolm, I'll add my voice to the welcome. I've been on this forum since 2000 and it hasn't had any adverse effects so far - apart, that is, from the steady trickle of funds from my bank account caused by music recommendations.

BTW, contrary to what you might have been led to believe, it's not a mandatory requirement of forum participation to like Goldfrapp or  Bobbie Gentry! But if you like jazz of any kind you'll be onto a winner!

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by J.N.

Malcolm - if you think you might want to discuss system set-up/implementation; potential upgrades etc, it can be useful to others (and will save you time and typing) to state system details in your forum profile.

John.