Superline to NAC 252 - problem

Posted by: toriamos on 03 December 2018

Hei

Just got my second hand Superline today. 

Snaic goes to the Aux2 on the 252 and the logo is glowing, but no sound. 

Am I missing something?

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by yeti42

The lower Aux2 socket I presume but have you selected the DIN socket for AUX2 output?

It takes Two minutes for the Superline to wake up.

And is the link plug in the Burndy socket?

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by Richard Dane

Yes, the power on mute on the Superline is a long one.  

Have you got the DIN5 AUX2 enabled in the socket assignment (alternative is the AUX2 RCA Phono)?

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by toriamos

Thank you all. It was the DIN socket for AUX2 output (blushing..)

(One time I sent my NAC202 for repair because it had no sound from the left channel... )

Well Superline is up and running. It will have to compeed with the Parasound JC-3. 

Half way into the Return to forever with Chick Corea it sounds like we have a winner - Superline plays the music rather the just deliver it.

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by toriamos

..BTW - Will I have to unplug (from power)  the Superline when changing load plugs?

Make sure the transit bolts are removed from underneath.  And yes, I always power down before changing load plugs. Don't be tempted just to unplug the SNAIC - that way you get nasty cracky noises and possibly bangy ones too - which leads to blown drive units in your speakers.

Anyway, as I'm sure you are on the verge of discovering, the Superline is really rather good.

I change load plugs hot on mine, never had a crackle doing it, the tricky one is in the cap socket if you have Fraim. Keep the collars tight on your Snaics and Burndys. 

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by joe9407
Richard Dane posted:

Anyway, as I'm sure you are on the verge of discovering, the Superline is really rather good.

Richard, the Superline has always intrigued me, but I never really loved any of the Stagelines I've had -- too dark-sounding for these ears. How do you feel the Superline compares? Does it still have a touch of the dark/earthy presentation of the Stageline, or is it an entirely different beast?

Joe, yes, the Superline is something else.  It doesn't really fall into any extreme camp (neither too earthy, too bright, too cerebral, too romantic etc..), it's just exceptionally well balanced, natural and even handed.  Oh, and with that it's also very fast, dynamic, and rhythmically adept. Listening to some LPs through the Superline last night was one of those sessions where the performance is so epic you feel it couldn't get any better unless it was the original tape being played or was being performed for you right there, live.

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by toriamos

The Superline is powered by the NAC252 - Olive Supercap. 

I will off course not be happy until a Supercap DR is in place.

Question being, keeping the Olive Supercap to use on either the 252 or Superline, or continue powering the Superline by 252, but now with the DR?

And yes, I can wait until DR is in da house and then decide for my self. But perhaps the DR isn't a must?

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by Japtimscarlet

Yes. The DR is a must!!

Sorry...