Help please with iRadio station

Posted by: blythe on 04 December 2018

Please can anyone try connecting to an iRadio station in Australia?
It should be listed under "Oceana" and "Australia" as "Classic Hits WSFM" (it broadcasts on 101.7fm but of course the Muso doesn't have FM)
I often listen to it in the mornings as it has national & localness, traffic reports etc. as well as tunes I quite like.

However, for the past couple of days I haven't been able to stream it. 

Other stations seem to work OK but searching the web hasn't shown up any known issues that I can find.

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by ChrisSU

Not working here either. I would get in touch with Naim, they can sometimes get in touch with vTuner and get issues like this sorted.

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by blythe

Many thanks - at least I know it's not a Muso Qb issue or a problem with my network.

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by cdboy

Not working here either. I'd let them know their internet radio is down ... 

My next step is to try on a Sonos which uses Tunein Radio. Is that the same as Naim uses?

Sonos, which uses Tunein Radio as it's Internet radio service is playing just fine.
As the Tunein stream is playing, I need to know whose service Naim uses? Of it they "do it themselves" perhaps they need to fix the stream?
I doubt contacting the Radio Station will help as their stream seems to be working on Sonos.

After google searching, I believe Naim uses "VTuner" for it's Internet Radio content.
By going to the VTuner web site, searching for then selecting "WSFM" and clicking "Play" I got a message saying "This station is currently not available, please try again later"... 
It doesn't tell me much, or why, or how much later...  :-(

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by Mike-B

Yes Naim do use vTuner,  as I understand it’s a bespoke service to include the ‘Naims Choice’  listing but the rest is pretty much off the shelf.    I’ve found that they do ‘loose’ a station from time to time,  but they come back again after a day or so.    I guess it’s a vTuner issue,  possibly just needs a reset & they are not aware it’s gone walkabout, do they have a contact email that you can call.

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by ChrisSU

As the issue appears to be with vTuner, you could just use a different provider and Airplay it to your Muso for now, until vTuner hopefully get it fixed.

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by blythe

Thanks for the hints and for trying it yourselves :-)
I have emailed VTuner who have thanked me for letting them know and it has now been passed to their technical people.
Thank Chrissu for the tip about selecting a different provider and Airplaying it - I hadn't thought of doing that..

Posted on: 07 December 2018 by Mike-B

G'day Blythe,  any further news ?    I've been able to have a look myself now I'm back home;    Classic Hits WSFM is still silent as is WSFM Plus on vTuner.  It has to be vTuner with the problem as WSFM are broadcasting on www media as I'm able to pick them up on my laptop.

Posted on: 07 December 2018 by blythe

It's still silent.
I also found radioau.net which carries the stream is also silent, so I have also contacted them.
No word back from VTuner yet.

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by blythe

Finally, after emailing VTuner and also radioau.net (whose stream was also not working) WSFM Australia Classic Rock is back and working!

I received an email from radio.net this morning saying "We made a change to our data which probably fixes this issue, so please try again".

As that was now working, I thought I'd try my QB, which uses VTuner and it's working too.

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by Mike-B

Yeah     

Posted on: 13 December 2018 by Gummibando

Just as a FYI:

vTuner is basically "only" a database, aggregating the original stream URLs + categorising/indexing them. If the original stream goes silent, it has nothing to do with vTuner, there is no re-broadcasting or stream-caching involved on the vTuner side.

Posted on: 13 December 2018 by blythe

Thanks GUMMIBANDO - I also emailed radioau.net who might be providing the source? Anyway, they seemed to fix the issue!