UPnP functionality for Muso with windows 10 and IOS app

Posted by: Bermudabye on 05 December 2018

Trying to configure UPnP server functionality to a Muso using a laptop with Windows10 by turning on media streaming. Looks successful, and the PC can see the Muso, the Naim IOS app can see the PC as a UPnP server and the correct named library, so all appears OK.  However, while the IOS app can see the PC and associated default folder structure, it cannot see any files within those folders, or any folders within folders. Any bright ideas how to fix? (And, yes, I could go at this another way, but want to do a proof of concept before setting up a full NAS/UPnP solution).

Both Muso and Win10 have current rev level software.

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by ChrisSU

UPnP is well tried and tested, so I'm not sure that you need to prove anything here! Still, if you plan to use a NAS, I would consider using a server on your PC that you might also use on a NAS. Minimserver is free (or by voluntary donation) and Asset has a free trial, so you could easily give them a go and see which you prefer. This might also help when it comes to deciding which NAS you buy.

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by hungryhalibut

You probably get a much better user experience if you search on metadata rather than folder. You can have a simple structure on your hard drive - artist with albums underneath, and then search for genre, artist, album or whatever.