NDX says that is retrieving history - 80%

Posted by: Beachcomber on 05 December 2018

When I turn my NDX on (I used to leave it on permanently, but recently have been turning it off to see what effect that has on my electricity bill, and to the sound), it goes through the usual procedures but gets to something about loading or building or retrieving history, gets to 80% and stops.  And sometimes that means it really stops- it won't respond to anything (Naim app, or remote control).  Any idea what that's about, anyone, please?  And more importantly how to fix it?

Thanks

Steve

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by hungryhalibut

Just leave it switched on and the issue goes away. 

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by French Rooster

open the window and throw it, the best solution     or, very eventually, switch off /on the ndx and nas/ core.  First core/nas then ndx.   It happens sometimes, for me too....

( restart first the squeeze box. when ok, restart the ndx)

Posted on: 06 December 2018 by Rich 1

I have a smart meter and tried turning bits of equipment off at night to see on a daily basis if it made a difference. So, here's my observations, 1, Sound quality hardened up, I didn't like it at all. 2 In the grand scheme of things I burnt about the same amount of electricity at night weather I turned off the hi-fi or not. For sound quality alone, leave on. 

I believe that modern electrical equipment must be designed to burn minimal electricity when in standby mode. Figures were in an EU directive a short while ago. Rich 

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by Beachcomber

Thanks, folks.  It seems to be OK at the moment - though I have had it do this in the past.  For some reason it always stops at 80% (when it has this problem).

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by Pcd

When I had my NDX I used to get this occasionally when switching back to IRadio the NDX was never switched off.

Posted on: 13 December 2018 by Adam Zielinski

If it was ‘retrieving’ history, I think it was trying to re-connect to your NAS and somehow encountered network problem (new IP address?)