Bad Start to the Day

Posted by: Eoink on 09 December 2018

At about half 8 this morning I decided I had time to play an album before going out to meet a friend, so I took the lid off the Roksan. I then reached for a book on the bookshelves beside the turntable, knocked another book which managed to fall and land on the Artemiz arm. It seems to moved the arm body off the pivot. I’ve had another look while at home briefly this afternoon, and can’t see a way to fix it. I’ll call Roksan tomorrow to get acontact details of a repair agent in the not too distant area, but  as I’m away until Friday  this week, I suspect I’ll  have no turntable and will need to rely on the streamers until after Christmas.

Being as clumsy as I am, I should know better than to multi-task before my morning coffee has cut in.

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by Huge

Ouch! (quotation from your turntable!).

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by Allan Milne

I feel for you having broken a Krystal cartridge (twice)!

I got my replacement reimbursed through my home contents insurance, you might like to try this yourself.

Hope you get it back operational soon.

Allan

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by tonym

Jolly bad luck Eoink. I'm sure you were philosophical about it, allowed yourself an ironic little chuckle, slapped the ol' thigh, and just carried on.

Hope you get it fixed OK - good tip from Allan regarding an insurance claim.

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by Richard Dane

Ouch.  Very sorry to hear of your mishap. 

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by Don Atkinson

Ouch !

I sure hope that last half bottle that I prescribed after your success in the Brain Teaser Thread was not in any way involved !

I do hope things turn out ok.

Cheers

Don

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by Eoink
tonym posted:

Jolly bad luck Eoink. I'm sure you were philosophical about it, allowed yourself an ironic little chuckle, slapped the ol' thigh, and just carried on.

Hope you get it fixed OK - good tip from Allan regarding an insurance claim.

Completely Tony, I took the opportunity to review my English vocabulary , I was quite impressed by the range of words I found to describe myself.

Thanks for the support everyone, and thanks for the insurance tip Allan. Don, I don’t think the wine was involved, I was just doing two things at once, not really paying attention to either and got unlucky.

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by ChrisSU

Maybe move the bookshelf!?

Good suggestion Chris, but they’re a pair of floor to ceiling oak bookcases made for the room, so no space to put them anywhere else. It’s a reasonable distance to the deck from the shelves, if I tried to replicate the act I think it would take me a while, I think it dropped, hit my arm and bounced sideways.

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by AndyP19

@EOINK

Is there a happy ending to this event. Time is a great healer...

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by Eoink

Thanks for asking Andy, Roksan suggested ‘I’d probably knocked it off its bearings, which is a return to factory job. They suggested a localish dealer who’d send it back, I dropped it off with them on Monday as Roksan are back from their Christmas break, just waiting now for the quotation.

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by Don Atkinson

Fingers crossed !