Another happy new member

Posted by: VytautasK on 10 December 2018

Dear members,

My name is Vytautas and i am happy to join this wonderful Naim community.

It's been long time since i started having thoughts of buying stereo equipment.

Once i had wonderful experience how Naim sounds and this is why i was looking very long and persistent until i found

I was able to find second-hand tiny (combo : Chord Mojo > Naim Nait 5i-2 > NACA5 > Dali Ikon 1MK2

It's a pleasure to enjoy the music the way Naim plays it! During the Christmas season especially )

There is also a lot to read about here so i will take my time.

Best regards,

Vytautas

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by Bob the Builder

Welcome Vytautas

Great little system you have there hope you continue to enjoy for many years to come.

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by blythe

I'm sure you'll enjoy hours of listening with your system - it's a great setup.

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by Mike-B

Welcome to the World of Naim Vytautas.    You have a nice little system,  a great start to your audio enjoyment.

Why not tell us a little more about yourself,  your name tells me you are from the Baltic area,  but as can be the case these days  you might live anywhere.   What are you using to feed the Mojo & do you also have an analogue source directly to the Nait.    What music do you like,  What are your plans to develop your system.   You should think about placing some of the basic info in the Naim forum profile.  

Anyhow, a big welcome

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by Bert Schurink

Welcome Vytautus, I hope your system is giving you a lot of enjoyment. And you have landed in a forum with a bunch of very helpful guys, so don’t hesitate to call for help if needed.

What’s your favorite music, any music you have to recommend to us ?

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by VytautasK

Thank you all for a welcoming word.

I' am from Lithuania (MIKE-B you are right). My profession is Business Process Analyst. I love to paint while listening thats probably my most favorite soothing hobby.

Music varies from classic up to rock but mostly from 60's to 00'. Mojo is fed from computer and foobar2000 player (WIth Supra USB 2.0). I also have old Denon DVD1940 which has optical out so can be connected straight to Mojo as well.  Currently i am completely happy with my system. But speaking of future plans that could very likely be Naim XS and  ProAc or Harbeth speakers. But i think 1-2 year is needed to understand what presentation i prefer. 

Actual list of performers is very huge but mentioning several i listen over and over are: Steve Strauss, Diana Krall, Patricia Barber, Queen's, Al di Meola, Dire Straits, Chriss Isaac, Alphaville, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Leonard Cohen, Nazareth, Dave's True Story...

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by Yetizone

Welcome along Vytautas!

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by Japtimscarlet

Great to have you join Vytautas

Hope you enjoy being part of the naim community!!

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by wenger2015

Welcome Vytautas......hope you enjoy the forum 

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by VytautasK

Thank you. I am happy to belong here

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by Richard Dane

Welcome to the forum Vytautask.  

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by VytautasK

By the way, if anyone happen to be in Lithuania's capital Vilnius, you can freely contact me and let me buy you a coffe for a nice chat, as i am working in Lithunian airports.

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by Ardbeg10y

The mojo is a very nice dac indeed. Personally, I like the Naim Dacs a bit more, but the mojo seems to be a bit smoother which is the ultimate consensus between my wifes preference of vinyl and my digital preference. I use mine with a Nac 72 / Nap 140 and it works very well. I found the pairing with olive stuff better than my Supernait 1.

Naims tiny combo's are really fantastic. There is a topic ongoing about how to impress your friends and we are most impressed by the small dimensions of the amps and the music they deliver.

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by Richard Dane
VytautasK posted:

By the way, if anyone happen to be in Lithuania's capital Vilnius, you can freely contact me and let me buy you a coffe for a nice chat, as i am working in Lithunian airports.

For members online safety, this is always best done by members emailing Naim and asking for me to pass on contact email, provided the recipient is happy for me to do so. 

May I remind members not to post contact details either on the forum or in  their publicly viewable profile or in wall posts. It’s not safe to do so and moderators are duty bound to remove any personal contact details that they see  posted by members here.

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by VytautasK
Ardbeg10y posted:

The mojo is a very nice dac indeed. Personally, I like the Naim Dacs a bit more, but the mojo seems to be a bit smoother which is the ultimate consensus between my wifes preference of vinyl and my digital preference. I use mine with a Nac 72 / Nap 140 and it works very well. I found the pairing with olive stuff better than my Supernait 1.

Naims tiny combo's are really fantastic. There is a topic ongoing about how to impress your friends and we are most impressed by the small dimensions of the amps and the music they deliver.

Dear Ardbeg10y,

How would you compare NAC62/NAP140 combo againts mine Nait 5i-2 or Naim XS?

Thank you very much!

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Ardbeg10y
VytautasK posted:
Ardbeg10y posted:

Dear Ardbeg10y,

How would you compare NAC62/NAP140 combo againts mine Nait 5i-2 or Naim XS?

Thank you very much!

Vytautask, that is difficult to say for me since I don't know the Nait 5i / XS well. But I'm sure it is a matter of time and others on this forum will share their experience.

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by The Strat (Fender)

Welcome - love the international dimension to the Forum. 

Regards,

Lindsay

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Klout10

Welcome to the madhouse Vytautask!