Snaps to Hicap - is it a worthwhile upgrade and what are the differences/benefits?

Posted by: Misterc98 on 15 December 2018

Dear Fellow Naim Community Members,

Just a quick question that I'd really appreciate some advice/comments/opinions/experience on please....

I have a 32.5/250/SNAPS/V1/RP6 and thinking of getting a Hicap but wondered a) is it worth doing and b) what are the differences/benefits? I understand the cost of a decent Hicap is circa £400 so would like to understand what I could expect to gain by such an upgrade e.g. bigger soundstage/control/others?

Any help really very much appreciated.

Wishing all of you & your families and fantastic Christmas and wonderful 2019.

Kind regards,
Richard 

Posted on: 15 December 2018 by Loki

Absolutely: do it! But, check when HiCap was last serviced, you may need to budget for that too, and yes, before you ask, the service is as good as another upgrade, I moved, tentatively from Snaps to HiCap many earth moons ago, and it was one of the most significant upgrades I've done. 

Effects? More dynamics, more finesse, more grip and control, more silence, bigger and more fulsome and natural musical sound. It lets your system breathe.

Posted on: 15 December 2018 by Misterc98

Thank you so much for the information.....very useful, good to get your opinion as I have not heard another naim system and mine is quite old. 

I have a choice between two units, one has just been serviced and has a £100 premium.....

But it .sounds like the Hicap would be a welcome upgrade...... although to be honest I do love what I have.....

Thank you and Merry Christmas!