Qobuz WAV download of Kate Bush not working.

Posted by: Popeye on 15 December 2018

Hi all

I just paid and downloaded the latest Kate Bush PT1 remastered in WAV and my NDX is saying file type unsupported. 

Luckily I was able to redownload in FLAC and works fine. 

Is WAV not compatible with NDX running latest software?

Cheers All

Posted on: 15 December 2018 by Mike-B

No this is Qobuz (again)      I've seen it a few times with them,  I once reported it & they replied that WAV is not compatible with metadata or some such crap.   Unlike all the other vendors Qobuz seem to make a pigs ear of metadata,  plus the way they always_underscore_the_artist & album_title_ folders is very annoying & unnecessary.   Given a same price from another vendor,  I will always avoid Qobuz.

Convert the FLAC to WAV,  it will sound better,  Or do as many others do & set your NAS to transcode,  that will send the FLAC file as a WAV to the streamer.

Posted on: 15 December 2018 by Derek Littlewood

I'm using Qobuz via Audirvana streaming to my Mu-So.  I've found that I get 'Cannot download track' on all the new Kate Bush HD files.  They are 24 bit.  No difficulty streaming WAV.

Derek

Posted on: 15 December 2018 by Popeye
Mike-B posted:

No this is Qobuz (again)      I've seen it a few times with them,  I once reported it & they replied that WAV is not compatible with metadata or some such crap.   Unlike all the other vendors Qobuz seem to make a pigs ear of metadata,  plus the way they always_underscore_the_artist & album_title_ folders is very annoying & unnecessary.   Given a same price from another vendor,  I will always avoid Qobuz.

Convert the FLAC to WAV,  it will sound better,  Or do as many others do & set your NAS to transcode,  that will send the FLAC file as a WAV to the streamer.

Works fine on laptop tho Mike. Could it still be metadata related?

Yes its the most likely cause,  but what's causing the NDX to not recognise it whereas the laptop does  I don't know without looking at it.   

Posted on: 15 December 2018 by Popeye
Mike-B posted:

Yes its the most likely cause,  but what's causing the NDX to not recognise it whereas the laptop does  I don't know without looking at it.   

No worries, it’s probably not worth worrying about, shouldn’t be much different to the FLAC versions. 

Popeye posted:
Mike-B posted:

No worries, it’s probably not worth worrying about, shouldn’t be much different to the FLAC versions. 

It will be  no different at all if you transcode it 

Posted on: 15 December 2018 by Crispy

I had an issue with some historic files from Qobuz on NDX2 that had played ok on NDX. I used dbpoweramp to convert to FLAC then back to WAV and they played without a problem. The same files had also played ok PC. Agree with using another provider if possible.